Page 14 of 183 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...DoSHQ60_12.jpg

That's the auction pic, and that's actually all there is to see, other than the punched holes on the top.

It's VERY sloppily drawn. It looks a million times cleaner in the small pic.

I know it's drawn by Darell. I just believe its by Darell NOW, and not then. The seller is also innocent in this, I believe.

Others are questioning these too. There' similar pieces for JEM, GIJOE, and more.

All single image close-ups of main characters. Production codes also sometimes don't match up to style or costume of the drawing attached.
    I've been looking at some of these (of G1 Megs in particular) for what seems like months now as they keep popping up on eBay, but I haven't yet felt the need to bid on any. I've been wondering about their authenticity and/or whether or not they are worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I know it's drawn by Darell. I just believe its by Darell NOW, and not then.
    Unfortunately, I think this is exactly right - Darrell McNeil wanted some money, so he drew some blueline and pencil on animation paper, signed it, added a production code and voila. They're not even very good - I can draw better than any of the ones on eBay. What a prick. Also, although he did work on Jem, I don't think he ever did Transformers or G.I.Joe: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1396728/

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I was sus about these all along, but figured for the price it was worth a look.
    I was interested to see what they'd be like in hand. I thought that would give me an answer, and it did.

The paper is pristine, and fresh. It clearly hasn't been in any use.

The seller is honest though. I must stress that I absolutely believe that. He happens to be good friends with Darell, and I believe that has clouded his judgement. He offered me a full refund, and to pay my return shipping. I can't fault the seller at all.

IMO McNeill is abusing his résumé, his past experience and current friends and contacts.

While I'm keeping mine, I wouldn't advise anyone else to buy one. The line work is incredibly poor. These are literally 10 second sketches.

Megatron Guest

That helps, thanx for the info. I won't be getting any.

Default John Howard Need Not Apply

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Did you get it MISB?
    The answer is yes I did. Both times.

When did you get your MISB TM Megatrons?? Because with GPS/BPS the plastic will continue to "rot" even if the toy is kept sealed. You can buy the toy years later after it's been manufactured, and it can still break on you. That's precisely what happened when I bought Randy... the toy came out in 1999, I bought it last year (for only a few bucks thankfully) and the toy broke on me as soon as I opened it and was slowly/carefully removing it from the tray. If I'd purchased that toy sealed in 1999 and it broke on me, then I'd be demanding a refund/exchange. But buying it MISB second hand (found it at a collectables store, but not a 'primary retailer' like TRU) and having it break is different.

So if you purchased and opened your Transmetal Megatrons MISB in 1998 (or not long after) and it broke on you, then I'd say that you should've brought them back to the store for refund/exchange. If you bought them MISB well after 1998 then I'm not surprised that it happened given the nature of that toy's plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    My Transmetal Megatron Just shattered again, shoulder pad this time. Would be even more pissed if i didn't have a takara version incoming.
    So I spent some time on YouTube watching GPS videos and it go me thinking. Has Hasbro ever offerred official word on this? I'm thinking that because a large number of toys suffer from this and sometimes we pay large money (think G1) or at least inflated prices for toys that disintegrate, are we able to do something as a comunity about this? Some toys were brought at retail that are only now falling apart even though they're not touched and it happens to MISB collectors as well.
    Compensation?

I know TM Megatron isn't GPS but it's close enough. Maybe BPS? Brittle PLastic Syndrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Both arms shattered first time out which I managed to glue back together. All good. Then yesterday the pad with the VTOL engine hinge shattered. I'm over trying to repair broken toys. Toys I break due to rough handling, my fault, I'll wear that. Toys that shatter for no reason other then poor design; another matter entirely
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Compensation? - Extremely doubtful and in any case far & away too expensive to even try to pursue.

Sucks to hear about Megs man but indeed it is good at least that you've got a Takara version inbound; I ended up just rubber-banding my busted Megs' arm back into place and have him permanently displayed in Beast mode - perhaps you might consider doing something similar?

I have suffered a little GPS with some of my turbomasters, from late G1, I have an idea rolling around in the back of my head of developing a spare parts inventory that is GPS pieces, modelled and molded in modern plastic. probably wont ever happen but would support long term viability of otherwise destroyed toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    More of a postal vent but transformers related of course.
    So 13 weeks ago I ordered a junker Galvatron for a project of eBay and postage said 3 weeks from Canada. After 12 weeks of emails and frustration I give up on it. On the weekend I got one at Penrith collector fair for 10 bucks. So guess what showed up today in the post ?!?!? A box that looked like it had been kicked across the country with Gal in it.
    Not angry on the money side but what the hell is wrong with Canadian Post ?!?!?!?
    Grrrrrrrrr
    I have never had a good experience with Canada post, it is slow expensive and unreliable. Often on eBay I pass up on something I'm interested in simply because it's located in Canada.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    When did you get your MISB TM Megatrons?? Because with GPS/BPS the plastic will continue to "rot" even if the toy is kept sealed. You can buy the toy years later after it's been manufactured, and it can still break on you. That's precisely what happened when I bought Randy... the toy came out in 1999, I bought it last year (for only a few bucks thankfully) and the toy broke on me as soon as I opened it and was slowly/carefully removing it from the tray. If I'd purchased that toy sealed in 1999 and it broke on me, then I'd be demanding a refund/exchange. But buying it MISB second hand (found it at a collectables store, but not a 'primary retailer' like TRU) and having it break is different.

So if you purchased and opened your Transmetal Megatrons MISB in 1998 (or not long after) and it broke on you, then I'd say that you should've brought them back to the store for refund/exchange. If you bought them MISB well after 1998 then I'm not surprised that it happened given the nature of that toy's plastic.
    I recently removed a MISB Airazor from packaging and the plastic felt really tight and squeaked a lot during transformation. I noticed this issue does not happen to BW toys I played with continuously as a kid. Have you noticed this as well (seeing how you periodically do role plays with your collection )?

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    More of a postal vent but transformers related of course.
    So 13 weeks ago I ordered a junker Galvatron for a project of eBay and postage said 3 weeks from Canada. After 12 weeks of emails and frustration I give up on it. On the weekend I got one at Penrith collector fair for 10 bucks. So guess what showed up today in the post ?!?!? A box that looked like it had been kicked across the country with Gal in it.
    Not angry on the money side but what the hell is wrong with Canadian Post ?!?!?!?
    Grrrrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I have never had a good experience with Canada post, it is slow expensive and unreliable. Often on eBay I pass up on something I'm interested in simply because it's located in Canada.
    Sounds like their unions are quite the militant bunch.

I don't use Photobucket but ALOT of people do. And when Photobucket is down, I don't see any pics
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/vi...id=93509950691

Oh dear.

These fake animation prelims are getting worse.

I see he's now trying to do fuller- figure shots, which is funny.

For pieces done decades ago for screen-use, why is it that when there are specific areas of complaint about these pieces, that's soon followed by the 'discovery' of more pieces that answer that negative criticism!!