Page 177 of 183 FirstFirst ... 157167172173174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

And of course the reason why the final value fees are as draconian as they are, is because people were doing some odd combination of shipping and price and eBay still wanted their piece of the pie

Not to mention that if you rely on the new payouts system and don't get your margin right, shipping could well be out of pocket for you as the seller

I once had someone try to haggle me for a $30 RRP toy that I was selling for $10 (he was demanding a 50% discount). When I told him that the price was already very cheap, he said that he couldn't afford it.

Mate... if 5 bucks makes or breaks a deal for you, then maaaaaaaybe you shouldn't be collecting toys? <shrugs> :/

I do sometimes haggle to, but I always ask, not demand. And I always make a proposal to benefit the seller, such as purchasing multiple items, instant payment with pickup etc. Some kind of benefit for the seller... not just asking for a discount for discount's sake. And I don't mind people haggling me for prices if they're going to offer something back (or I will even just throw in a discount or bonus goody if they are buying multiple items, even if they don't ask for it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    People expect you to over price now in anticipation of haggling. People always haggle on second hand goods, garage sales etc. Very annoying so I sell at higher prices on gumtree
    This is precisely why I despise shopping in a lot of Asian countries where they overprice goods and expect shoppers to haggle. Absolutely loathe it. This is why Japan is my favourite Asian shopping destination; the price that's advertised is the price you pay!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This is why Japan is my favourite Asian shopping destination; the price that's advertised is the price you pay!
    Except when it isn't. I've always gotten a discount on any TV, Aircon, big ticket item I've bought in Japan.

But I agree, Haggling should benefit both parties. I'll only start haggling with a second hand seller if I believe the price is unreasonable, or I want to combine a deal or something like that. If people automatically start charging more because they expect people to ask for discounts, it's just a PITA for everyone.

Will admit that guy asking for 50% discount on a 10 buck price is taking it too far. That's taking the mickey somewhat... I'd give him points for trying, and then deduct them for wasting time.

I'd be putting in the description - ridiculous offers will be ignored.

I'll just leave this here, coz I think this is going to be a thing...

One of the window tabs on my MP Clampdown broke off. Also, the piece that the arms are attached to has become warped.

Sat down yesterday with my chocolate liquorice bullets ready to watch The Bumblebee Movie only to find it’s not available for free on any of my 1000 streaming services I pay for…….:/…. Ended up watching the 2007 movie. (Which I still love). Still annoying though as everything I do want to watch us never available. I wish the TF 80s/90s cartoons were on streaming.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is why I do two things about shows or movies I like:

1) buy it on DVD, where possible
    2) resort to piracy where necessary - and no, I have no qualms about it whatsoever

This is the true pain of the Streaming Wars - everything has been split up.
    I'm also reverting to DVD/Blurays for my favourites to avoid this issue!