Page 181 of 183 FirstFirst ... 161171176177178179180181182183 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Haha, dang, so that's where Wheeljack's gun went

Ooops! Well, I can confirm at least at Big W Menai they were very chill about the return, even before I explained "this figure is meant to have a sword and this one a gun but they both came with guns"

<random rantage>

I'm gonna cop flak from lovers of obscure-referencing toys here, but I'm personally not a fan of Hasbro prioritising toys based on aborted G2 prototype variants over CHUG toys based on the regular G2 versions. We're getting G2 prototype coloured Dorito-Jazz, but we've never had just a regular CHUG G2 Jazz toy. G2 Jazz is a part of people's childhoods; i.e. 90s kids who had this toy. That Dorito Jazz is part of nobody's childhood.

Heck, even the Diaclone, Microman and other pre-TF redecos are still part of people's childhoods. Diaclone and Micro Change toys were also released in North America and Europe (as Diakron, Trasformer, Diaclone etc.). Heck, I explicitly got Galactic Man Shockwave because I grew up with "Shackwave" from Tandy, since the original G1 Shockwave toy was never sold in Australia. That Galactic Man Shockwave is from my childhood (as it would be for a lot of 80s kids). Magnificus is also from my childhood, because I had a (probably counterfeit) Microman Perceptor toy from the Sydney Royal Easter Show. Heck, even red Diaclone Ligier (Mirage) would've been from some people's childhoods (at the very least, kids in Japan who had that variant). Nobody the hell ever grew up with Dorito Jazz!

I don't mind if they want to make these more obscure repaints as limited exclusives, like Gens Selects or Hasbro Pulse etc. But it's weird that we're getting these toys before their regular versions... and will this mean that we may never get the regular versions? Will a regular CHUG G2 Jazz never see the light of day? The abandoned prototype G2 Sideswipe looks weird, but at least we have had a regular G2 Sideswipe toy in CHUG. So I don't mind if they do it afterwards; it means that the aborted-G2 Sideswipe CHUG hasn't supplanted the regular one.

Thank you for attending my TedTALK.
    </rantage>

I'd still like the old 'new head, maybe new extra piece/weapon' remold-into-obscure-old-character-homages we used to get to come back as a regular thing. I used to really like seeing updated Action Master or Micromaster etc. characters coming out as mild retools, it helped update old characters and gave us a chance to experience new molds without having the same character over and over again.

Like, come on Hasbro, you've still got all these unused characters from weird little groups like the Aquaspeeders and Stormtroopers, Predators and Turbomasters, how about some of those guys?

There was a G2-styled CHUG Jazz in the 'Ultimate Gift Set', albeit in the TF2010 mold and the deco wasn't an exact match.

Given how much Hasbro seems to love repainting figures into obscure variants I'm fully expecting an Action Master Jazz from G1 in addition to every obscure G2 variant they can possibly find before the SS86 Jazz mould is retired.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

So I held off from purchasing the Botcon version of Nacelle in the hope that they'd do another one from the Earthrise seeker mould.
    Well, it turns out we have gotten a revisit of Nacelle, but from the Siege tetrajet mould.
    I'd wager most fans won't care either way, but for me the appeal of owning it was that the inspiration for the character came from a G1 Thrust prototype - which the Tetrajet mould takes away from.

Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. I still won't go and chase the Botcon one as I've heard it's prone to breaking at the wings. So I guess I'm without a Nacelle.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Yep. It seems slightly odd to me that they used the Tetra Jet mould instead of the Earthrise Thrust mould given Nacelle's origins as a prototype for Thrust.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Would have preferred a Thrust retool, but the Tetrajet version fits with how she was portrayed in the 2019 IDW comics, so with this set as a comic based set it makes sense. I like that the highlight of the chest vents points towards the VTOL engine of the Thrust prototype.

Still would have wanted the Thrust version...

I guess if Nacelle was in the IDW comics as a tetrajet, it makes sense to have this one released as part of the IDW comics toys that are all coming out on the same day... but like other fans, I would have preferred it homage the original concept toy rather than an IDW version that I didn't even know existed until now.

Both concepts are so very very niche that more people would probably know of the BotCon toy than either of those two concepts (the original concept or the IDW character), so the popularity of this toy will probably just come down to how well it looks as a redeco toy... and we already have two blue tetrajets for people to compare this one to.