Page 182 of 183 FirstFirst ... 162172177178179180181182183 LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

To be fair, G2 Jazz, really isn't a repaint. It's more of a decal change.

That said, I think this is due to the retail situation in America at the moment. Unless its a Gen Selects release, they need to release a group of figures in a theme. Probably realised they could get more repaints out and brownie points with this set than standard G2. Down the line, I'm sure we'll get a proper G2 Grimlock... doubt we get a G2 Jazz though... or a metal vac Beachcomber

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Magnificus is also from my childhood, because I had a (probably counterfeit) Microman Perceptor toy from the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
    *Raises hand.
    Yup, this is me.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    To be fair, G2 Jazz, really isn't a repaint. It's more of a decal change.
    The original G2 Jazz was mostly a restickered toy, although with slight retooling, namely the addition of a hole on the roof for the gun and narrower feet. The mouth also has more of a smirk due to mould degradation (which continued to plague preceding reissues of G1 Jazz until it was fixed for Encore [well, technically for Comm. Series Ricochet^Stepper). In the context of a CHUG G2 Jazz it'd be a redeco though.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    *Raises hand.
    Yup, this is me.
    This is why I'm a Magnificus completist. I own every Magnificus action figure ever made. Yep. All 3 of them. Nothin' like being a big fish in a small pond.

The legacy wave with Crankcase is on sale at target so i thought id finally get Crankcase seeing as i have been wanting to try him out and for $19 who can complain
    Went to 4 different targets (which is like most of the targets that still probably exist now) and nothing
    Can definitely see the Nest repaints will be the next to clear

I've lost count of the number of Transformers toys that I've seen in shops today with parts/accessories removed by vandals.

I think that windowless boxes will be the way of the future. We're already seeing it with Leader Class figures, as well as those little Tacticons. I personally don't mind it. I've noticed that some Marvel toys are already windowless. Just include good photos of the toys.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Windowless boxes will only happen if and when Hasbro decides that returns/losses are costing them too much (and this cost outweighs the benefits claimed by marketing of having open boxes, both in terms of securing sales and the perceived value of corporate citizenship ratings). Their announcement some months back about the items that were moving to closed boxes notably did not include Transformers.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've lost count of the number of Transformers toys that I've seen in shops today with parts/accessories removed by vandals.

I think that windowless boxes will be the way of the future. We're already seeing it with Leader Class figures, as well as those little Tacticons. I personally don't mind it. I've noticed that some Marvel toys are already windowless. Just include good photos of the toys.
    Oh really? Dang. Just last night I was thinking how great it was that I'd never seen a single case of that in person here, compared to all the reports of it happening in the US. I thought it's great how sensible our people are. So much for that.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

It's happening here in HK too.

I think it really depends on your local area. At work, we don't have this issue at all. In fact, the last time we had any problems with someone doing anything with a Transformers toy was a Leader Class where some kids decided to open it so they could look at the toy because they couldn't see it without a window. I was asked to inspect it and ensure they didn't steal anything from the box.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think that windowless boxes will be the way of the future.
    Not necessarily, as next year's Legacy United Leader class will have windows too, unlike the last two years which had solid boxes... so even more toys to steal parts from.

Those various movie toys that were basically just on a backing card, made it really easy for people to pry off parts, when you can get your whole hand around the toy... especially the heads.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Windowless boxes will only happen if and when Hasbro decides that returns/losses are costing them too much (and this cost outweighs the benefits claimed by marketing of having open boxes, both in terms of securing sales and the perceived value of corporate citizenship ratings).
    True. And I have spoken to retail workers who said that theft was just as bad with plastic windowed boxes, and that plastic vs open windows makes no difference in their experience.