Page 26 of 183 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From BBTS' FB page regarding Blitzwing/Springer:
    We received an initial shipment however are still awaiting the rest of our order. We anticipate them to be arriving later this month.
    ...so it may very well be June before I see 'em.
    D'oh! Should've got in earlier.

This one’s probably going to sound like such a noob effort but I am having all sorts of trouble transforming my moofie Bumblebee (Camaro concept) back into car mode. The bonnet panels are basically not budging to allow me to line it up and therefore I cannot get his shoulders / tires pushed back in. Someone... PLEASE HELP! I spent about an hour and a half on this last night and it's frustrating the crap outta me
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    This one’s probably going to sound like such a noob effort but I am having all sorts of trouble transforming my moofie Bumblebee (Camaro concept) back into car mode. The bonnet panels are basically not budging to allow me to line it up and therefore I cannot get his shoulders / tires pushed back in. Someone... PLEASE HELP! I spent about an hour and a half on this last night and it's frustrating the crap outta me
    You are not the only one. WFC Bumblebee frustrates me to no end as to how it transforms.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    unfortunately the average retail wage at a store like myer or anywhere else for that matter, isn't often any more than minimum award, not much incentive for people to care too hard. the electronics stores do have commision incentives but I'll be surprised if myer or david jones staff do, they certainly didn't used to.
    Yeah, I used to find the people at Bunnings were like that. Just didn't give two shits about being remotely helpful because they were working for a chain that didn't pay much and didn't give a crap about them. But they could at least put in a modicum of effort. Same with if you buy a Maccas burger (which we only do in a food emergency), my wife got a Fillet'o'fish the other day - there are only 3 things in the burger - a piece of fish, a piece of cheese and some sauce and do you think they managed to get any of it between the buns? Hells no they didn't! Now Maccas pays crap, but goddamn it, you can still at least put the food on the damn bun!

P.S.: The manager at the Myer I went to called me today and offered an unreserved apology for the way I was treated. He said that the person in question will be spoken to about the way she should be speaking with customers, and he offered to give me a 'better deal' on my next purchase.
    So that's Myers where the manager had to give you an apology, Toys'R'Us where the head office had to give you an apology - out of interest how many stores have you brought to task Gok?

Not really a vent, but ive been cautioned on my TF spending by the other half. it's not like i'm buying AFA graded stuff every second day.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So that's Myers where the manager had to give you an apology, Toys'R'Us where the head office had to give you an apology - out of interest how many stores have you brought to task Gok?
    Just those two. I don't necessarily expect staff to grovel on their knees and treat me as some lofty superior, but I do expect to be treated with the same level of courtesy that I show to them. I spoke to the Myer staff politely and she replied with in a contemptuous and apathetic manner. The TRU manager spoke to me in an aggressive and attacking manner, even though I never spoke to him that way. I don't go about being rude or abusive to staff, so I certainly don't expect staff to be impolite to me... and if they are, then I'll report it.

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    All sorted. Just had to use a fair bit of force to get everything to line up. I hadn't transformed this figure in years but surely that would not be a reason why it was so stiff Anyway, he's remaining in car mode now.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Just those two. I don't necessarily expect staff to grovel on their knees and treat me as some lofty superior, but I do expect to be treated with the same level of courtesy that I show to them. I spoke to the Myer staff politely and she replied with in a contemptuous and apathetic manner. The TRU manager spoke to me in an aggressive and attacking manner, even though I never spoke to him that way. I don't go about being rude or abusive to staff, so I certainly don't expect staff to be impolite to me... and if they are, then I'll report it.
    On Friday after I went to the doctors I nicked into Target to see if they had gotten the new Predaking in and was witness to a very lackluster sales assistant bring an old lady into the ilse and say "Here's the Transformers, we don't have many. I don't think we've got any big Optimus Primes" and walk off. Distinctly unimpressed by him I went up to her, started a conversation and offered my services. Turned out she was buying for a 3 year old who loved Transformers because his older cousins were into them. Since they didn't have any of the Rescue Bots I was able to sell her on 2 3-packs of Bot Shots because they didn't have any tiny parts, he could crash them into each other and there were no difficult transformations. She left happy and I left there thinking how much more helpful than the actual employee I was. I should have asked for a gratuity but the fact that a young child out there will be enjoying TF's is enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    On Friday after I went to the doctors I nicked into Target to see if they had gotten the new Predaking in and was witness to a very lackluster sales assistant bring an old lady into the ilse and say "Here's the Transformers, we don't have many. I don't think we've got any big Optimus Primes" and walk off. Distinctly unimpressed by him I went up to her, started a conversation and offered my services. Turned out she was buying for a 3 year old who loved Transformers because his older cousins were into them. Since they didn't have any of the Rescue Bots I was able to sell her on 2 3-packs of Bot Shots because they didn't have any tiny parts, he could crash them into each other and there were no difficult transformations. She left happy and I left there thinking how much more helpful than the actual employee I was. I should have asked for a gratuity but the fact that a young child out there will be enjoying TF's is enough for me
    Yea, I've done similar things like that in the past.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yup, I've done that more times than I can count. Hasbro should give us a discount for helping them sell their toys.