Page 32 of 183 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233343536374252 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

I find box cutters and hobby knives to be much more precise at opening toys.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Argh! King idiot here just gouged a few holes in his Hasbro Exclusive comic cover when opening his Generations Megatron with a pair of scissors!
    I hate blister packs ! remembering first time trying to open spawn figure and not to wreck the art background ! Always seem to get it ripped

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    I hate blister packs ! remembering first time trying to open spawn figure and not to wreck the art background ! Always seem to get it ripped
    Yeah, in the end I've sticky-taped it up on the inside of the cover so you can only tell if you really look, and put it in a comic book plastic pocket to live forever. Still annoying though as it's an exclusive cover (there are probably only a few million in the whole world ) and it's actually one of my fav IDW issues - the portrayal of the SScream & Megs relationship is awesome! So I would have liked another version of the issue sitting raound to read. Ah well, my own damn fault

This video shows how to open a carded toy. Although he cuts toward himself - which is what I used to do when I was collecting Beast Wars... and cut myself once or twice, since then I always cut away from myself.

As most Sydney fans know, I have a Toy Liberation/Emancipation Kit, which is a small Transformers tin pencil box which consists of:
    + A box cutter: for cutting blisters
    + A hobby knife: also for cutting blisters
    + A pair of tin snips: for cutting twist ties

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Argh! King idiot here just gouged a few holes in his Hasbro Exclusive comic cover when opening his Generations Megatron with a pair of scissors!
    I damaged my Orion Pax comic... and that was with a box cutter and "quite a bit of experience opening TFs toys".

The way those comic deluxes are so tightly packed, it is difficult to cut off the bubble without hitting the comic or damaging the backing card (which I'm trying to keep).

Damaged my trailcutter comic opening the generations toy >.<
    having the comic so tightly packed against the blister makes it hard to get it out

I'll keep this in mind when i pick up Trailbreaker & Orion next Saturday

I just rip open the card/bubble as it's going in the bin, I had no problem with the comics getting damaged. Maybe don't cut them out, or cut the bottom open and side them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Damaged my trailcutter comic opening the generations toy >.<
    having the comic so tightly packed against the blister makes it hard to get it out
    When it comes to toys w/ comics, I always turn the toy so that it's blister down, card up. That way gravity draws the comic away from the card, and then I cut the blade in the space between. I haven't gotten any of the Generations toys w/ comics yet, but I've done it w/ some Star Wars and Marvel Legends toys that came packed w/ comics.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This video shows how to open a carded toy. Although he cuts toward himself - which is what I used to do when I was collecting Beast Wars... and cut myself once or twice, since then I always cut away from myself.
    Place I used to work at, if they caught you cutting toward yourself with a stanley knife once you got a warning. Second time was your job. I've seen some VERY serious injuries from doing that.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain