Page 49 of 183 FirstFirst ... 293944454647484950515253545969 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    uuughh, those are some UUUUGLY robots... Did this series ever get shown here? or had any toyline? I bet it would've been a major loss... hmmm so many familiar voices there - Ironhide, Arcee, Turbo etc hahahahaha. I found it funny that the guy was so calm in saying - we've lost power and prepare for a crashlanding... really? you're ships about to crash and he states it a matter of fact?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I finally have time to unpack my toys after painters came to do the unit some weeks ago. I unpacked the 1984-85 Autobots but Prime's left fist is missing! I hope it re-appears as with all the KOs and endless variants, it would be tough to get a legit matching fist on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    HAHAHA... around the 18 min mark they even use music lifted straight from Transformers. Classic!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Since GoBots and Robotix have both been retconned into Transformers, I'd like to see a scene where Scooter and Nemesis pull off their masks to reveal that they're respectively Megatron and Optimus Prime undercover.

Robotix was retconned into Transformers?

Does anyone watching that get the feeling that Rebirth (done a year later) is very similar in idea and story? Humanoids meet up with a robotic race, who prove that they are better fighters with them as pilots.
    I couldn't find out who wrote the Robotix cartoon, but I have a feeling it was one of the Transformers writers by the way it flows.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Robotix was retconned into Transformers?
    Never mind... it looks like a very background, blink and you miss it type reference, just used during Animated because Hasbro owns both properties, and has no use for Robotix concepts in their own use.

Default Can we still vent here? Okay, I'm venting.

I'm bored today, so I decide to browse the Toys'r'us website. Why, I have no idea. I spot the Beast Hunters Weaponiser toys. After having some chance to think it through, I've decided yeah, I kinda want the Green Optimus. I like alternate colour schemes and that big sword is a big plus. Given that TRU are now selling them for $30 online it might actually be worth it.

Click on the item, and what do I find? "This item comes from an assortment with different characters. Unfortunately, it is not possible to request a specific character online." *$@&*&*$!!!!!!! What is this, the 19th bloody century? Do the products get delivered in a horse-drawn cart? This is the kind of crap I used to put up with 20 years ago buying toys as a kid in the UK!

ONLINE RETAIL IS NOT DIFFICULT, JUST SEND ME THE PRODUCT I WANT, NOT A RANDOM PRODUCT YOU CHOOSE!!!!!!!!! I don't want to download a catalogue, I don't want the number to ring my "local" store (about 700k away), I just want the full product range, on the website, to buy.

What a joke. So do I buy two in the hopes I get the one I want and can offload the other one... or is it just not worth supporting this level of crappy customer service? I'm thinking the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    or is it just not worth supporting this level of crappy customer service? I'm thinking the latter.
    Yep.
    I had the same issue with Mr. Toystoyworld when i wanted to order a HA Dragstrip. Haven't bought a thing from them since

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    What a joke. So do I buy two in the hopes I get the one I want and can offload the other one... or is it just not worth supporting this level of crappy customer service? I'm thinking the latter.
    And people wonder why we buy overseas on-line. So many times I have been disappointed with an australian shop's on-line presence. Once I wanted to know if a certina place even stocked what I was after, they didn't even have a catalogue or product list for me to look through. Lame.

Oh, and I'd just leave it.

On to my vent. Every time I go through my toys to cut them back, pretty much every one I come across has some little thing that reminds me why I got it and that makes it cool. DOTM Deluxe Ironhide. I dislike the toy, but messing about with it and it reminds me that his weapon drone thing is from te game and fits all nicely in the vehicle.

Every toy I have all seem to have one aspect that I really like in them, making it hard to cut them down

I don't buy a toy unless I want to keep it for keeps. Hence I rarely sell anything. I usually sell stuff if I happen to come across a spare, or if I get an "updated" version of a toy that makes the previous version obsolete to me. Usually it's because I end up with a spare.