Page 68 of 183 FirstFirst ... 485863646566676869707172737888 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Argh! Missed out on one of the rarest opportunities I've had as a collector last night! MIB(still MOSC backer/bubble) Pre-Rub G1 Jazz with a beautiful box for an awesome price! I'm kicking myself so hard!! >_< When will I learn to never hesitate...
    hehe same here, I recently missed a takara boxed bluestreak but the bbox flap would have annoyed me(well that's what I tell myself now ) but my worst miss is an MISB Omega Supreme - sold for $100, box was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I've had moments like these using eBay but after the initial disappointment fades, you soon realise that just because it went for cheap, it doesn't mean that the next bid would automatically win because you don't know what the highest bid would have been. I've been on the receiving end of some bargains though so I can't complain too much anyway.
    It was a BIN price, which was a really good price. I just hesitated too long, and it was gone. I actually emailed the seller to see if he would knock a few buck off if I paid by Direct deposit (to save paypal fees) But someone else snatched it up not long after it was listed Completely my fault - and I'm fuming at myself for trying to be cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher
    hehe same here, I recently missed a takara boxed bluestreak but the bbox flap would have annoyed me(well that's what I tell myself now ) but my worst miss is an MISB Omega Supreme - sold for $100, box was perfect.
    If I could find a flaw in it, I would feel much better, but this box was almost immaculate! and no yellowing, no box flap, It was one of those "once in a collecting lifetime" opportunities But I've learnt my lesson now, no more hesitating! haha.
    Wow - a $100 MISB Omega? That must've hurt

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    If I could find a flaw in it, I would feel much better, but this box was almost immaculate! and no yellowing, no box flap, It was one of those "once in a collecting lifetime" opportunities But I've learnt my lesson now, no more hesitating! haha.
    Wow - a $100 MISB Omega? That must've hurt
    Yep give it a once over and hit the buy now, but as 5FDP mentioned anyone who spends a reasonable amount of time on ebay will find some good deals. I used to have a job where I could have ebay open all day

Went to the PO this morning to pickup an item that a card was left for yesterday. I knew it was something from japan as the ID had an JP on the end.

Staff went out the back and brought out an item from the US. Argued with them saying its not the right item (but it is for me), eventually they went out the back and brought out another box. I could see this box (although for me) was from the Chanel Islands. I asked them to go look again they said there was absolutely no more items at my address, after much insistence they went out the back and low and behold found the package that was from japan.

So I ended up with two extra packages - one that I though had been lost weeks ago. Great I got them but WTF to Auspost. No cards were ever left for these two.

If I hadn't read it I wouldn't have believed it That's just disgusting Skullcruncher. I hope you gave them a piece of your mind. So, if you hadn't gone there for the package you knew they had, you would never have received the others that they were holding onto. I'd put in a formal written complaint as well.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If I hadn't read it I wouldn't have believed it That's just disgusting Skullcruncher. I hope you gave them a piece of your mind. So, if you hadn't gone there for the package you knew they had, you would never have received the others that they were holding onto. I'd put in a formal written complaint as well.
    Its the delivery driver who's at fault, with the post office staff in day dream that's how I got the other two packages! I called them later and made a complaint so will see how it goes.

I remember getting a 'missed you' card when I lived in Werribee and it said where and when I could pick the package up (this was about 13 years ago and it was the full set of G1 Throttlebots if memory serves). Turned up time and time again getting them to search and they never found it.

Turns out a SECOND post office had opened up and it was there. Of course it hadn't said that on the card and it wasn't until like my 5th visit that a staff member at the first post office thought to suggest it

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Went to the PO this morning to pickup an item that a card was left for yesterday. I knew it was something from japan as the ID had an JP on the end.

Staff went out the back and brought out an item from the US. Argued with them saying its not the right item (but it is for me), eventually they went out the back and brought out another box. I could see this box (although for me) was from the Chanel Islands. I asked them to go look again they said there was absolutely no more items at my address, after much insistence they went out the back and low and behold found the package that was from japan.

So I ended up with two extra packages - one that I though had been lost weeks ago. Great I got them but WTF to Auspost. No cards were ever left for these two.
    Auspost is a bit like that these days. For who knows what reason, delivery drivers seem to skip leaving cards sometimes these days. There's really no excuse for it though :/
    I had it happen earlier in the year (if I remember correctly.) Luckily I was keeping an eye on the tracking otherwise who knows what would have happened.
    To be fair - I've been lucky to have fairly good delivery drivers. But there is still the occasional slip-up.

Glad all your packages turned up safely Skullcruncher!

Australia Post has lost an item I sold on ebay (first time selling in several years, and they lose one of just 14 items I posted). I paid extra for tracking because it was small enough to fit in a padded envelope, and the number was never in the system... so what's the point of paying extra for something that doesn't get used.

I went to the post office to get them to look it up, and was told to ring the customer service number... which I did, and was on hold for 23 minutes before someone responded.
    They took down all the details, and gave me a job number.... and am not likely to hear anything else from them.
    Which leaves me with having to eat the cost of the item, by refunding the buyer, because now I can't prove it was posted or delivered.
    (for all I know, it was delivered, but the buyer knew it was not showing up on the website tracking page, so knows that they can get their money back by claiming it never arrived )

Keep your receipts when you post stuff! Tracking is standard now (the "article ID" number) - even though it only registers start + end pretty much.... what did you pay extra for? I don't think any of the extras are worth it - in my mind they're just arbitrary price bumps, for stuff that should be included by default (it's really no extra hassle to do the additional stuff like signature etc).