Page 98 of 183 FirstFirst ... 788893949596979899100101102103108118 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hey, Shockwave was active on Earth during the time of the Beast Wars! The show cast just never bothered checking Antarctica.
    I like to think that on Earth-91274 the Savage Land was created by the Vok. Because why not?

Gah!

I had a bunch of things I bought in the ebay 15% off sale, however as they were from three different locations, I had to go through the checkout three times - on for each item - and forgot to put the 15% off code for the last one.

Only just realised today when I saw my email saying I had been charged $225 for Combiner Wars Devastator instead of the $190 I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Gah!

I had a bunch of things I bought in the ebay 15% off sale, however as they were from three different locations, I had to go through the checkout three times - on for each item - and forgot to put the 15% off code for the last one.

Only just realised today when I saw my email saying I had been charged $225 for Combiner Wars Devastator instead of the $190 I was expecting.

If it makes you feel any better, you could have only used the code two times anyway.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Takara themselves have said that 2016 will be the year of Masterpiece Beast Wars. So what do they announce? Shockwave and a second Hot Rod. And add to that the rumours about Hound and Arcee...

Don't mind me. I'm just impatient for news.
    Being a little greedy now, aren't we?
    MP Primal, Year of The Monkey Primal... More than enough representation for Beast Wars

The only MP Beast War I would get is MP 309 Waspinator.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    The only MP Beast War I would get is MP 309 Waspinator.
    Actually yeah - me too. The only BW character I've bothered to get lots of different versions of.

As far as I'm concerned the movie anniversary takes precedence over the BW anniversary. I know which had a far greater impact on my life

The only beast war character I have is generations Rhinox.

Personally if there's any characters I want as a masterpiece figure, it would be Armada Hot Shot, with if cause a mini-con jolt
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

MP Manterror!

---------------------

Today at EB Expo a youngin' came up to me and scoffed at the Combiner Wars display, saying that they were terrible representations of the originals. By originals, he meant Movieverse. I politely told him that CW are based on the classic Generation 1 characters, which are the originals, but he kept on refuting me, insisting that the Bayverse films are the originals and suggesting that anything else is a deviation. It was at this stage that I pulled out my copy of Transformers Generations and showed him pictures of G1 toys and how CW are obviously based on them. I saw him about to open his mouth to argue with me some more, until I saw his eyes drawn to the "1984" (etc.) years printed on the outer margin of each page. He was quite for a while, but kept on muttering on about how the Movieverse is awesome and better than anything else blah blah blah.

Okay, if people prefer the Movieverse over other TF series, fine. But to insistently proclaim that it's the original source and superior to anything else?? It was as if he was saying the G1 ruined the Movieverse. I just... I... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

---------------------

Today at EB Expo a youngin' came up to me and scoffed at the Combiner Wars display, saying that they were terrible representations of the originals. By originals, he meant Movieverse. I politely told him that CW are based on the classic Generation 1 characters, which are the originals, but he kept on refuting me, insisting that the Bayverse films are the originals and suggesting that anything else is a deviation. It was at this stage that I pulled out my copy of Transformers Generations and showed him pictures of G1 toys and how CW are obviously based on them. I saw him about to open his mouth to argue with me some more, until I saw his eyes drawn to the "1984" (etc.) years printed on the outer margin of each page. He was quite for a while, but kept on muttering on about how the Movieverse is awesome and better than anything else blah blah blah.

Okay, if people prefer the Movieverse over other TF series, fine. But to insistently proclaim that it's the original source and superior to anything else?? It was as if he was saying the G1 ruined the Movieverse. I just... I... yeah...
    firstly, I take it the Manterror is Waspinators Japenese name?
    Secondly, regarding that kid, this is probably what you conversation looked like in your head

"Yeah well Movieverse came first blah blah blah" Kid

-shows G1 guide book- Gok

"oh, well aaaaa...that's not bad for an old timer!" Kid

"Old timer? That's something you'll never be if you don't spree that the originals!" Gok

"Save it Hasbro guy! Let's burn the originals, because they ruined the movies!" Kid

-sigh- Gok
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Manterror was actually a Hasbro Beast Wars toy, of a preying mantis.