Page 15 of 183 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/vi...id=93509950691

Oh dear.

These fake animation prelims are getting worse.
    At this point, surely the seller has to be in on it too. He's got so much experience with animation cels: if we can tell they're fake there's no way he honestly thinks they're vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    My Transmetal Megatron Just shattered again, shoulder pad this time. Would be even more pissed if i didn't have a takara version incoming.
    So I spent some time on YouTube watching GPS videos and it go me thinking. Has Hasbro ever offerred official word on this? I'm thinking that because a large number of toys suffer from this and sometimes we pay large money (think G1) or at least inflated prices for toys that disintegrate, are we able to do something as a comunity about this? Some toys were brought at retail that are only now falling apart even though they're not touched and it happens to MISB collectors as well.
    Compensation?

I know TM Megatron isn't GPS but it's close enough. Maybe BPS? Brittle PLastic Syndrome.
    I have both Takara and Hasbro releases of TM1 Megatron. When I bought the Hasbro one, the arm was broken so I repaired it. The reason why GPS breaks is that the plastic hardens to near porcelain like state loosing all flexibility. If any amount of pressure is applied such as ball joint pressure or spring pressure that would normally require the plastic to flex a bit, it will cause it to crack just like a porcelain tea cup.

I knew that although my TM Megatron was now repaired, it had the potential to break if I begun to move the joints and a guaranteed breakage if I transformed him. So I went around and modified the joints to remove or divert any pressure on the GPS plastic and it worked! I can now pose and even transform the figure without further breaks but I do still have to be very, very careful.

I did the same with Pyro and Bristleback. The hinge on my Torka tail had to be completely repaired as there was nearly nothing left of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/vi...id=93509950691

Oh dear.

These fake animation prelims are getting worse.

I see he's now trying to do fuller- figure shots, which is funny.

For pieces done decades ago for screen-use, why is it that when there are specific areas of complaint about these pieces, that's soon followed by the 'discovery' of more pieces that answer that negative criticism!!
    At least you can see most of Bumblebee in that shot, as opposed to this cell of Ironhide: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORM...#ht_502wt_1166

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    At least you can see most of Bumblebee in that shot, as opposed to this cell of Ironhide: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORM...#ht_502wt_1166
    And I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to determine the authenticity of this one. Shall we start reporting the auctions to eBay and then watch them do nothing about it? (I reported 390493067816, 390493065895, 390493079391, 370684278389, 370684281144, 370684280258, 370684272122, 370684271357, 370684269753 and 390493067816.)

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post

In the listing description it says:

"This is really an outstanding piece. ...

The time, effort and attention to detail are incredible. A great find!

Used in the production of the animation film and each was used only once. We have only a very limited supply of Transformers animation Pencil Drawing animation."

Yeah... seriously?? Rare works of art I'm sure.

Sadly, he's already sold quite a few.

I'm getting sick of seeing these continually popping up on eBay.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    At this point, surely the seller has to be in on it too. He's got so much experience with animation cels: if we can tell they're fake there's no way he honestly thinks they're vintage.
    I get that he's blinded by his friendship, and that he absolutely trusts his friend, but yeah, it's getting rather ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    and what is with the autosplot symbol on bumblebee chest?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have both Takara and Hasbro releases of TM1 Megatron. When I bought the Hasbro one, the arm was broken so I repaired it. The reason why GPS breaks is that the plastic hardens to near porcelain like state loosing all flexibility. If any amount of pressure is applied such as ball joint pressure or spring pressure that would normally require the plastic to flex a bit, it will cause it to crack just like a porcelain tea cup.
    To be specific and anal about it, apparently it's the gold flecks in the plastic that stop it from binding properly into a homogenous state. Also the plastic doesn't harden so much as becomes brittle

even then, the brittleness of gold plastic is apparent from the day it is manufactured, increased brittleness is something that is apparent in a lot of plastics which is a breakdown of the bonds between the hydrocarbon chains over time, often attributed to UV light. the bonds in gold plastic are low to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I knew that although my TM Megatron was now repaired, it had the potential to break if I begun to move the joints and a guaranteed breakage if I transformed him. So I went around and modified the joints to remove or divert any pressure on the GPS plastic and it worked! I can now pose and even transform the figure without further breaks but I do still have to be very, very careful.
    That's plain impressive, I wish I'd have thought of doing that before mindlessly transforming my thunderclash and snapping his chest off..
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm venting that my package with MP sideswipe in it seems to have gone runabout.

Nothing after it was scanned on arrival at Chicago. I had one sent two days earlier, same method, and by BBTS again, and it tracked perfectly and arrived 6 days after initial scan.

Australia Post has nothing on it, and they even advised me to inform BBTS, as it should be here, and these big gaps shouldn't exist on 'premium services' (his words).

So I opened up my TRU MP Optimus Prime to give it a quick inspection and noticed that one of the metal rods on the trailer is rusted. I might have to go back down to TRU to get it replaced. But what i want to know is how did the rod get rusted so quickly for such a new toy. Anyone else have rust on theirs?

So you did cave, eh Kazza?