Page 179 of 183 FirstFirst ... 159169174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

And then you've got to have a way to play them back once ripped, too

That is also why I never got into streaming. I'd watch a show form here and a show from there and BAM I'm into paying 100 odd bucks for the chance to watch some shows, but probably still not all.

Is the Bumblebee movie ltd to Paramount plus now?

It's also doubly annoying trying to figure out which show/movie is on what streaming thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    And then you've got to have a way to play them back once ripped, too
    True. I think i'll just watch them on Youtube then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    That is also why I never got into streaming. I'd watch a show form here and a show from there and BAM I'm into paying 100 odd bucks for the chance to watch some shows, but probably still not all.
    So far, i've been disciplined enough to switch between the streaming services, so i'm not paying for more than one at any time. So, i'd complete all available seasons of a series on Binge, for instance, and unsubscribe to it, subscribe to Netflix and watch the shows i want there and repeat the (re/un)subscription process. Just need to remember to re-subscribe within a few months to ensure the streamer retains your saved favourites.

We are actually getting shafted with accessibility. The sad thing is kids are use to the way things are now.

I want to rip all my cds dvds to usb sticks, as many tvs laptops etc have usb slots. Hope my ps4 doesnt crash

OMG... just got off a chat with one buyer who kept on non-stop trying to lowball me, asking for lower prices for no particular reason (I did offer to give him a discount if he purchased multiple items, but he declined). He eventually found one toy that was cheap enough for him... tried to haggle the price for no reason but I refused. So then he begrudgingly accepts. Only to then whinge because the place where I want to meet him is one postcode farther than where he's willing to travel to. Seriously.

I just left the chat.

Another case of something missing from an open-front box... I got the SS-93 DLX mv5 Hotrod from Amazon Australia about a month ago, and I just opened it yesterday to find the gun missing. There was a plastic tie-down near the robot's right leg, with nothing tied down, so my guess is that it came loose at some point from the factory, and fell out somewhere before it was put in the shipper box to me.
    Even if it had been from a physical store, the gun was so deep inside the box that it would have been impossible to steal it without opening the box first.

Now Hasbro has to pay to trash a 99% complete toy, just because they thought it was good to remove one sheet of plastic from protecting a *plastic* toy. (I can understand eliminating the plastic inner trays as being wasted plastic that most people don't keep, but I don't see why they can't still have the single plastic sheet window, since they are selling a big lump of plastic inside the box anyway.)

This will be the third refund/return I will have had to do with Amazon Australia in the last month... I hope they don't red flag me as a suspicious buyer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now Hasbro has to pay to trash a 99% complete toy, just because they thought it was good to remove one sheet of plastic from protecting a *plastic* toy. (I can understand eliminating the plastic inner trays as being wasted plastic that most people don't keep, but I don't see why they can't still have the single plastic sheet window, since they are selling a big lump of plastic inside the box anyway.)
    It isn't about the amount of plastic, or reducing plastic waste in toto. The toy itself will not end up in the ocean choking marine life, but a small sheet of plastic will. And removing that choking plastic is what this is all about.

Another case of something missing from an open-front box...
    This is another reason why I prefer to buy in-person if possible. I bought a Legacy Skids in-person that had one of its guns loose in the box and could have easily fallen out. I deliberately bought it because it was otherwise a good-looking copy and I just knew that it would fall out and some kid would get that Skids for a present .

I wonder what happens to lost little accessories lying around in a warehouse. I guess either a worker throws them away or tries to put them back where they belong - probably mostly the former. In my mind there's this box in the employee tea room where loose bits are free for all .

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

More annoyingly, why are they inflicting this on Transformer fans, yet Star Wars, Marvel and Power Ranger Fans don't have to put up with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    It isn't about the amount of plastic, or reducing plastic waste in toto. The toy itself will not end up in the ocean choking marine life, but a small sheet of plastic will. And removing that choking plastic is what this is all about.
    Do you mind explaining to me either:
    A) how the small sheet of plastic will end up in the ocean?
    or
    B) how the Transformer wont?

Is this really a mystery? I thought it had been well publicised years ago.

Small, light pieces of plastic end up being washed into the ocean (from landfill, from bin spills, from dumps, into storm drains and then rivers - and lighter plastic is blown as well as washed), where they float with the currents into great swirling masses of small bits of plastic. On the way, and when in the swirl, they are a real hazard to marine life.

A whole toy is very unlikely to be washed into the ocean in the first place. I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, but simple numbers mean that the small bits are the majority of the problem.

I also know that nobody in a position of power in Hasbro gives a damn about this, and that they're just doing it for positive marketing, but in the end the why does not matter, so long as they do the thing. Every little bit (pun intended) matters.

Do you recall the last time you saw a set of plastic 6-pack-rings?