Page 100 of 183 FirstFirst ... 80909596979899100101102103104105110120 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Amen brother !!!!!!!! PREACH IT
    Could not have said that better myself. It is the major reason i use this board less and less as i joined as a TF enthusiast and to enjoy my time on here not to read pages of whinging and negativity and the length of some posts are borderline ridiculous.

If i had just joined this board recently i would have left already.... lucky i like a couple of you nerds

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've always found it disheartening to read people harshing on something that I particularly like. Would this be a part of what you are talking about? something that you are optimistic about and other people are clearly negative about it for reasons you don't really see?

I know people get picky about a perceived aspect of a toy that there is little information about but I wonder if that's a by product of the internet making everything more accessible, and the general population being more impatient as a result, wanting everything now,now,now. It does frustrate the crap out of me, the expectation that 'HASTAK aren't producing a figure now so I have to get an independent product to stand in for it'. Peoples money is theirs to spend how they see fit but wow, if HASTAK produced every transformer as a Masterpiece that I wanted to buy in the next 2 years, I'd be eating noodles for the rest of my life and living on a single lung.

Toys are serious business bro.

And I think your frustration at other peoples pickiness/impatience is a sign that you're getting old. (it takes one to know one)

And you're forgiven for being jealous of people whos typing skills are so leet that a wall of text is something that just happens

@Trev, mate that's a fairly intense change of heart from your 'friend' who probably should know you better than that. try not to stress too hard, all good friendships sort themselves out.
    You know what I think it is? I think it's a massive shift in priorities now that I'm a father. I never used to care. Sometimes I participated myself just for the lolz. But now I have much less time to spend on boards and I have to scroll through so much garbage to find meaningful conversation. Let's take a Masterpiece reveal, everyone becomes an armchair design expert. It's a supreme example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in full swing. That's just one example. Another is colour. There is a guy on another forum that goes on and on and on and on about colour matching. He goes on about hue and saturation to a ridiculous extent and doesn't buy things because of it. He is nearly always disappointed. His collecting life must be hell.

It's got nothing to do with my bias towards any figure. I understand that different people are different. I don't expect everyone to like what I like.

Oh and it's l33t, not leet
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Or one thousand three hundred and thirty-seven (1337).

So here's an odd one - the SG Blaster I opened up last night had its right "knee" joint (the piece that connects his thigh to his calf/speakers) installed 180 degrees flipped. So it stood fine, but wouldnt line up when transformed into alt mode. I was sitting there all wtf, thinking i spent good coin on a broken toy out of the box, but finally noticed the error.

Luckily its only a case of 4 screws and flipping the part back over, first time I've experienced a misassembly type of QC derp.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

The small peg on my MP Grimlock's gun broke off with the peg still wedged inside the left fist's mounting hole. It's quite reminiscent of other toys with weak weapon pegs like G1 Waverider, although at least with MP Grimlock his gun's still holdable in his right hand. Still sucks though.

There aren't enough Encore toys. A bunch of the TFC Autobots should have got a release in that line (Prowl, Smokescreen, Hound, Inferno) and I was hoping it would live on and we'd see Encore Chromedome, Apeface, Sureshot, Goshooter, etc etc eventually.

I've lived in hope the line would come back but that seems a slim chance now, and the platinum series seems the only hope for reissues. And that's good but I love Encore's G1 style boxes over the Platnium or TFC style boxes. Encore is the only line I keep MIB.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There aren't enough Encore toys. A bunch of the TFC Autobots should have got a release in that line (Prowl, Smokescreen, Hound, Inferno) and I was hoping it would live on and we'd see Encore Chromedome, Apeface, Sureshot, Goshooter, etc etc eventually.

I've lived in hope the line would come back but that seems a slim chance now, and the platinum series seems the only hope for reissues. And that's good but I love Encore's G1 style boxes over the Platnium or TFC style boxes. Encore is the only line I keep MIB.
    I totally agree. I miss the Encore releases. I liked them far more than the overpriced Platinum releases. And they displayed so well with their G1 style boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

you caught me out, I'm a sham keyboard nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Or one thousand three hundred and thirty-seven (1337).
    And Goki caught you out!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

That would have been nice, very nice indeed. It seems that the platinum line is an extra 50% more expensive too, I guess the name justifies it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That would have been nice, very nice indeed. It seems that the platinum line is an extra 50% more expensive too, I guess the name justifies it.
    Makes me wish they'd called it the Transformers Wood. Then it'd be cheaper

Awaits Erector jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Makes me wish they'd called it the Transformers Wood. Then it'd be cheaper

Awaits Erector jokes
    Will skip the obvious joke there but will follow it up with Thrust and something about the Platinum pricing, his namesake and where the Sunstorm don't shine. Sounds Horri-bull.

I was chatting up a girl, I found out she liked transformers so we had a discussion and I asked her whats your fav g1 character so she replied: What is G1? Is it the first movie