Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Board and Domain technical issues unable to be fixed.

Default Board and Domain technical issues unable to be fixed.

I posted this to the OTCA yahoo group, for those who can't access any of the OTCA domain files or board.

Getting no help from the server host, and not being able to do anything from my end, I am going to have to find another server host as soon as possible.
    I will be prefering a brisbane one, for convenience and cost of calling up for tech help, but if I can't find one that suits my needs and budget, I will look interstate, and the hosts that some members have already recommended to me.
    Sorry about all this.

What can we Aust fans do without you?

Which problems remain? I thought the image posting and linking was fixed, and i'm accessing the site fine so i assumed it was all good now!

I still have the occasional issue when I try and send PM's but only to certain people

If you're not sure whether its the server/host or board related issues, i would suggest doing a fresh install of vbulletin in a different location on the server, and testing for the same problems. If they don't happen in a fresh install, then something may be corrupt with the real board. Alternatively, if they do happen, you'd at least know it's something to do with the server.

I still get 'Internal Server Error' whenever I try to post a link, which is not something I can work with, or prepared to have others put up with. Also, this new server seems to be a lot slower for me, which is rather frustrating.

There are two workarounds I've found:

1. Links can indeed be posted. You just cannot include the h t t p : / / . When you are posting URLs beginning with www, they are auto-detected and linked up. If you need to post a link that doesn't begin with www, just use the link button and omit the h t t p, e.g.

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250234692505&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

2. Unfortunately, that trick doesn't work for inline images, e.g.

[IMG]www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/5/1/9/3/att-mot_1210045089_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

But, the new attachment function is pretty snazzy. Check it out below. Note though, that since images are all read from the otca server, this will be quite a bit more costly for our beloved admin.

On the plus side the board now has a nice little icon, so it doesn't look as noob sitting next to TFW, MacWorld etc in the address bar
    Which brings us to where we are today...

why oh why do board upgrades make sites 14.72 times slower?????

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------