View Poll Results: TF Prime Dlx Autobot Ratchet - Worth buying!

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 66.67%
  • Only if....

4 33.33%
  • No.

0 0%
  • Not interested.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Prime Deluxe Autobot Ratchet

Default Toy Review - Prime Deluxe Autobot Ratchet

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Autobot Ratchet
    Series - TFPrime
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - Deluxe
    Wave - 2
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Soonish
    Approximate Retail Price - ($24-30?) US$12
    Approximate Size - 12
    Allegiance - Autobot (it's in his name...)
    Alt-mode - Ambulance
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Pop up head at end of Transformation
    Main Colours - Red and white
    Main Accessories - Dual Battle blades

I have come to the conclusion that I really like this guy. Despite the lack of paint aps where it counts (no emergency markings anywhere), the robot mode is a lot of fun. Although limited by truck kipple on his calves. The blades look just like his cartoon ones when attached to his arms and he has excellent shoulder and arm articulation.

My Main concerns are general Prime concerns; small size, lack of paints, NO INSIGNIA!!!! His blades' plastic reminds me of gummy bears and makes me hungry they are that soft. Plus despite the large gaps in his backpack and calves, there is nowhere to store his blades when not in use in robot mode. Come on Hasbro, you can do better than this!! Just a slight change in a tab on his back and you would have the perfect spot. Oh and no backpack aerial...

Still, I do like it, partly due to the cartoon, and he can be posed in many Ratchety poses. I find the transformation slightly unsatisfying for some reason I haven't yet put my finger on... I would love to see a Masterpiece version, or a quality Voyager.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    His blades' plastic reminds me of gummy bears and makes me hungry they are that soft.
    Mmm, edible weapons. I love the way the hands fold back allowing the blades to act like an extension of his arms...Genius! Nice light-piping too if your photo is anything to go by. Love me some good light-piping.

As someone who doesn't own this toy yet, my biggest disappointment is the missing heart beat decal. It's the very first paint app that should have been applied as it's so iconic for Ratchet in both bot and alt modes. The strangest thing is they started the heart beat app (note the thin red line below the side window) but just didn't finish it off!!. Truly bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    My Main concerns are general Prime concerns; small size, lack of paints
    I read that as 'lack of pants'. I hate it when Transformers aren't wearing pants.

Is this toy you have here the same one you're reviewing? http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...&postcount=191

In that photo it looks quite large.

Decepticon Guest

Are they fake doors on his chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Are they fake doors on his chest?
    Well...I prefer to think that Ratchet is paranoid and likes to keep a spare set of doors handy just in case a Decepticon rips his other ones off. Doubles up as chest armour too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I read that as 'lack of pants'. I hate it when Transformers aren't wearing pants.

Is this toy you have here the same one you're reviewing? http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...&postcount=191

In that photo it looks quite large.
    I would love to see some Transformers without pants~!

And yep, that's the same toy. It is interesting that it looks large in my acquisitions photo. Mayhap a fish-eye thing going on. He stands about as tall as wheeljack, but vehicle mode looks small, as it's not as long as wheeljack and it should be bulky, but due to scale, just looks small. I have some comparison shots somewhere...

**and here they are!**

Oh and the light piping is excellent, just the tiniest bit of light manages to have him shining his bright blues at ya!
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 19th March 2012 at 02:24 AM.

Decepticon Guest

He is sooo tiny. He looks good though apart from the fake doors.

The official pic for reference...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The official pic for reference...

Lol at perpetually mistransformed official pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Lol at perpetually mistransformed official pics
    It's sad isn't it? Any one of us could probably get it right...

Anyhoo, I have a vid review and some photos as well as thoughts on my blog

I have finally figured out why I wasn't so impressed with his Transformation. And this explains the same feeling I had for Cliffjumper as well. Due to the 'head reveal' gimmick, they have a solid chest, which features little to no transforming, so all you really transform are the arms and the legs.

I knew there was a reason (extra reason) why I preferred FE CJ over the normal one.

Oh and final plug, my unboxing video