Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
Encore Twincast
I initially read that as "Encore Twintwist"! Stupid brain autocorrect!! <smacks.head>

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
and
a complete Machine Wars Starscream for $20!
See... now this is possibly a case where buying toys from retail doesn't work so favourably - because in this case the value of this toy has clearly depreciated. When Machine Wars first came out it was a US Kay Bee and KB Toys exclusive toy line - so a lot of collectors were importing them from the U.S. (back when the USD wasn't nearly as weak as it is now). I bet those people are feeling mighty silly now!

...people like me. To make matters worse, I was living in Japan, so I imported them from USA to Japan... then when I moved back to Australia I shipped them from Japan to Australia. Ah well. I don't buy toys thinking about whether they'll appreciate or depreciate in future. If I like a toy, I'll get it. And if it's not available locally and I want it badly enough, I'll import it. Simple as that. You know what the real funny thing was though? Of all the Megatron toys that I've had shipped from Japan to Australia the only one that got intercepted and inspected by Australian Customs was Machine Wars Megatron! Of course there was no problems with the toy, but Customs Officers repackaged the toy with haste and couldn't be bothered carefully putting the card back in properly, so they bent it in half to squish it in!