View Poll Results: TFPrime Dlx Cliffjumper v2 - worth buying?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 62.50%
  • Only if...

1 12.50%
  • No

1 12.50%
  • Not interested

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - TFPrime Deluxe Cliffjumper v2

Default Toy Review - TFPrime Deluxe Cliffjumper v2

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Cliffjumper (second Deluxe version)
    Series - TFPrime
    Sub-line - Robots in Disguise
    Size/class - Deluxe/Revealer
    Wave - 1 (Regular series)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Should be here March (Released globally Jan 2012)
    Approximate Retail Price - ($24-30?) US$12
    Approximate Size - (14cm?)
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Muscle car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - none?
    Main Colours - Red, black, grey
    Main Accessories - club/gun

Note - until people are used to the new size-class name, the old one (Deluxe) is being used in review titles)

Last edited by griffin; 7th April 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Not a bad little figure this one. I haven't seen the FE version yet.

Good posability, balance and pretty nice arm movements available too.

you can store his lametastic hammer on his back. It also works as a gun. What I find really strange is that the car wheels are all noticeable in robot mode, yet on the back of his thighs they have sculpted some more, but they are just red. Why? He has enough wheels right now.

Lots of holes in the robot mode as well. In the forearms, chest area and shoulders feel unfinished.

I find it ironic that the packet artwork has him pointing his blaster at you, but the toy has no blasters. Just the stupid hammer. It's also a shame that if you don't have the hammer in place in vehicle mode, he has a large hole in the roof of the car... Yet most of the DOTM had a nifty hole cover gimmick didn't they? Vehicle mode is also small. Smaller than wheeljack even. Fairly decent sculp, and even the panel nature of the toy manages to scrape by by them being lines of definition.

Why are they using 'Revealer' yet on all the first wave the side of the bax classes them as deluxe?

Decent toy, but too much contradictory shenanagins going on for me to like it heaps. I guess for little kids he will be a winner. Just wished they had made a weapon that could resemble his blasters instead of that hammer. there is a fair amount of plastic in it, they could have easily made a weapon melee weapon that could come apart and clip over the hands to fake blasters couldn't they? I guess overall it feels a little rushed.

Very curious to see what I think of this guy after I have a play with a FE version TBH.

Wow, I can see what Decepticon meant by "hooves" on his feet. They do look like proper feet, but the paint apps on the front of the feet does make them look hoofish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I find it ironic that the packet artwork has him pointing his blaster at you, but the toy has no blasters. Just the stupid hammer.
    FE Cliffjumper has two blasters (well, his hands transform into blasters) - so perhaps they didn't want to repeat the same thing with TFPRiD Cliffjumper and give him a more different looking weapon as an 'incentive' for people who already have FE Cliffie to buy him too?

It's also a shame that if you don't have the hammer in place in vehicle mode, he has a large hole in the roof of the car...
    The hammer can't plug into the hole?? If so, lame. The hole on the roof does look unsightly; especially as you pointed out, following DotM with their hole plugs.

Why are they using 'Revealer' yet on all the first wave the side of the bax classes them as deluxe?
    It looks like Hasbro didn't go ahead with those new size class names after all. The Voyagers are still called Voyagers even though Hasbro were calling them Powerisers. So atm looks like those new names were just in-house, but the final products have gone with the regular names (just as well - the new names sucked IMO).

Just wished they had made a weapon that could resemble his blasters instead of that hammer. there is a fair amount of plastic in it, they could have easily made a weapon melee weapon that could come apart and clip over the hands to fake blasters couldn't they?
    Or sculpt the bottom of the hammer handle to look like a gun barrel and add a 5mm peg on the hammer head so that Cliffjumper can hold it like a gun. It'd be a strange looking hammer-gun and wouldn't look like the gun on the card art, but at least it'd be a gun. Or give him a mechtech weapon that can convert from hammer to gun.

Very curious to see what I think of this guy after I have a play with a FE version TBH.
    I'd love to see side by side comparison photos too if you don't mind.

What I find really strange is that the car wheels are all noticeable in robot mode, yet on the back of his thighs they have sculpted some more, but they are just red. Why? He has enough wheels right now.

Lots of holes in the robot mode as well.
    I just noticed today that FE Cliffjumper has faux wheels on the back of his thighs too! His body also has a big cavity inside, but otherwise it's a fairly solid toy. Pics and more comments here.

A nice toy IMO but not quiet perfect. I have not seen a FE Cliffjumper in the flesh but the FE looks to have the superior finish quality as this has fewer paint apps & he is a bit "hollow" in the legs & arms.

The transformation is engaging & everything clicks in very nicely. The robot mode is good but feels a bit light. I love the alt mode though as it's panels just lock in beautifully. I would have preferred no weapon holes on the bodywork & the less said about the warhammer the better.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd love to see side by side comparison photos too if you don't mind.
    No problem.

I think you mis-read my comment about the hammer. He can hold it like a rifle, and it plugs into the roof, but if you dont lug it in = hole in roof.

Hmm, this guy is definitley the poorer brother of the FE one. Sure the transformation is easy, but the end look is um, well cheap looking...

What really irritates me now is the gaps in the arms, they never clip together very well so when I move an arm they always come apart... I very much prefer the FE one over the normal release.

This is one of the few Transformers I've found that are easier to transform by hand, just experimenting, than to read the instruction manual. There's some non-intuitive steps (eg. his little hands), but it was quite a fun little transform. I think I prefer him in car mode, and he runs completely straight. I hate it when the wheels are out of alignment, and it runs to the left or right.

Not too impressed with his battle mace, I like it as a gun though.

Its my first (non first edition) purchase in the deluxe class, and will definitely buy more.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Thanks for the comparison pics, Tets! FE Cliffjumper certainly does look like the better of that pair. Overall it seems that HasTak have put more effort/care into FE than RiD.

I actually prefer the proportions of the V2 Cliffjumper... The FE seems a bit too boxy for my liking, although I am disappointed his hands don't turn into guns as it seems that is a feature of all the Transformers on Prime.