Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro continues its "greener" packaging initiatives

Default Hasbro continues its "greener" packaging initiatives

A press release from Hasbro, outlining their next steps in making their packaging and products more environmentally friendly.

Some of this will effect Transformers, perhaps with smaller packaging bubbles that aren't 80% empty space...

Smaller packaging = being able to pack more boxes in storage which is great for MIB collectors such as myself

I wonder if they'll move towards solid boxes for all TFs like the recent/upcomming Japanese releases of TFPrime and the Kreo sets? Less chance to see smaller toy sizes that way.

I can't imagine if they would ever go that way, as the "360 degree bubble" is what they pitch to retailers in the more-competitive western toy market.

Don't get me wrong im all in for greener business practices, but i just hope that the cost of this change doesn't pass through and effect budgets on toys.
    I want a range like back in the unicron trilogy.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Don't get me wrong im all in for greener business practices, but i just hope that the cost of this change doesn't pass through and effect budgets on toys.
    I want a range like back in the unicron trilogy.
    One would think that less money spent on packaging would mean more money available to spend on the toy. Considering how incredibly tight Hasbro are with their toy budgeting where they will skimp on a drop of paint to ensure that a toy won't exceed its budget, if they're going to be using less materials in producing smaller packaging, then surely that money saved can be passed onto the toy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One would think that less money spent on packaging would mean more money available to spend on the toy. Considering how incredibly tight Hasbro are with their toy budgeting where they will skimp on a drop of paint to ensure that a toy won't exceed its budget, if they're going to be using less materials in producing smaller packaging, then surely that money saved can be passed onto the toy.
    not necessarily, 'green packaging' can quite often be more expensive. size isn't the issue. (not so say it is going to cost them more to be more environmental friendly), i'm just hoping if it does that it doesn't effect the toy budget.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Any savings on packaging will be passed to the profit margin. Keep in mind that this is still a modern corporation.

then surely that money saved can be passed onto the toy.
    Why would they ever do that?

Any money saved goes to the shareholders.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Why would they ever do that?

Any money saved goes to the shareholders.
    Yeah, in the 21st century corporate world, the customer comes last