Thread: BotCon 2012 "small" news and info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not from BotCon, but about a BotCon item, that won't have enough interest to warrant a separate news posting - due to demand from the people who missed out (due to the scalpers buying them up and now selling them for $30-50 each - from the original $5 price) the Shattered Glass Soundwave will have another batch of headbands done.
    Considering that the only people who'd want the headband would be those buying a Soundwave (boxset or loose set), FunPub could have avoided this negative publicity by just having one automatically given out with each Soundwave... instead of leaving it up to those who wanted one to come get one - but ended up missing out to toy dealers who only bought headbands just to resell at 10 times the price (to those who "need" it to complete the toy).
    At least if it was one with every toy, it'd be a neat accessory that recipients could choose to use or not. This would be like releasing an Optimus in a boxset, that uses a Matrix (or some other mcguffin) in the story, but then sell it as an added accessory.

Found some videos of the Hasbro product display here, which give a better 3 dimensional look at the new toys, which you don't get from photos.

All 600 photos have been processed and uploaded, and I've now been working on the individual pages.
    There are 33 individual pages in this report, so let's see how many I can get done in one day while I'm stuck at home.*

So far done yesterday and today:
    - MSTF & Filmfest
    - Collector Club Magazine
    - Dealer Room
    - Hasbro Display 1 (Generations)
    - Main intro page has been done up for the index of links, but will be finished last.
    (note that links may be inserted that aren't yet uploaded, so expect error messages if it isn't something posted here)

(5/33)

*Thanks to work not letting me back onsite until I get a clearance from a doctor (after the appendix operation), I have another week of being stuck at home...

Hasbro Display 2 - BotShots

6/33

(if you find any images not loading, please let me know, in case any failed to upload)

Hasbro Display 3 - Large sized TFPrime toys

(7/33)

Hasbro Display 4 - Small sized TFPrime toys
    Hasbro Display 5 - TFPrime Vehicles, SDCC Cliffjumper, Remote Controlled.
    Hasbro Display 6 - Kreo & Rescue Bots

(10/33)
    Last edited by griffin; 10th May 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Art contest display (11/33)

Also updated the main intro page... I kept updating it with notes to say which pages that were done, but was forgetting to actually add in the links to those pages.