Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFPrime toys at McDonalds this month

I don't think we've ever gotten all the US Happy Meal toys during a promotion... and often we don't get any of the US ones at all (Red Rooster have had a few here instead of Mcdonalds).

From a nutritional POV, remember that you don't HAVE to buy a Happy Meal to get the toy -- you can purchase them separately for $2 each. At least, that's the way it's been for every other Maccas/Red Rooster exclusive toy before -- I'd assume it'd still be the same.

Seen the commercial on TV a couple times. Nothing special, just a regular happy meal add with the end bit saying that Transformers & My Little Pony toys are available (showing Optimus and the pink pony).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Seen the commercial on TV a couple times. Nothing special, just a regular happy meal add with the end bit saying that Transformers & My Little Pony toys are available (showing Optimus and the pink pony).
    I'm pretty sure advertising regulations these days mean that stores like McDonald's, KFC, etc aren't actually allowed to "sell" the toys coming with the happy meal, but must be advertising the meal itself, which just so happens to come with a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    those transformers toys suck! the ponies will be mine!
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From a nutritional POV, remember that you don't HAVE to buy a Happy Meal to get the toy -- you can purchase them separately for $2 each. At least, that's the way it's been for every other Maccas/Red Rooster exclusive toy before -- I'd assume it'd still be the same.
    but we want an excuse to eat that junk lol
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I'm pretty sure advertising regulations these days mean that stores like McDonald's, KFC, etc aren't actually allowed to "sell" the toys coming with the happy meal, but must be advertising the meal itself, which just so happens to come with a toy.
    No they definitely sell the toy separately. I don't know whether its legislated, or just to head off bad PR about fattening the kids of today. You can, and have always, been able to buy the toy for 2.00.

I couldn't stand eating enough happy meals to get the whole set, let alone collect sets or friends. I just lay down a ten dollar note to buy a few extras, and walk away unscathed by sugary buns and transfats ;P
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

By the way, in response to pm's about transfats, I'm well aware that we don't have the same amount of transfats in australian food..... it was just too good a pun to waste.

Does anyone know what the release order for TF Prime Happy meal toys are?
    I picked up Megatron and Bumblebee today, and they said that was all that was left. I'm hoping other stores will either have Prime and others, or that they just haven't been released yet.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    By the way, in response to pm's about transfats, I'm well aware that we don't have the same amount of transfats in australian food..... it was just too good a pun to waste.

Does anyone know what the release order for TF Prime Happy meal toys are?
    I picked up Megatron and Bumblebee today, and they said that was all that was left. I'm hoping other stores will either have Prime and others, or that they just haven't been released yet.
    I assumed it was the same order as their promo picture. Last week I picked up Prime and this week Bumblebee. My son will be devastated if he misses out on Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I've always been able to buy meal toys on their own for $2 from Maccas and Red Rooster -- I bought TFPrime Optimus Prime (damn I feel ridiculous saying that all the time! ) for $2. They've never advertised the toys as being available for separate sale, but the option's always been there if you ask for it.

they used to be $1.