Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
Hey..what happened to my picture of the Classic Voyager sale in Myer?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
I noticed that one of my attachments (the Universe Springer pic in the Springer thread) evaporated as well
I'm pretty sure that was Griffin's doing for the greater good...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
It took that long the first couple of attempts, but I'm getting faster at the backing-up and upload attempts now, so that it only takes about half an hour with each attempt.
Just as an update, I have to wait until monday to ask the server host if there is some admin setting preventing me from creating tables within the database.
After I found away around their upload size limit (by deleting half of the attachments file and then gzipping the backup copy), it won't accept it (after it spends 10-15minutes uploading it of course), or even a fresh instillation that would generate all new blank tables.
So lets see.... I signed up to the new server host wednesday, get blocked from accessing it thursday, can't upload the backup file friday because the board runs at 45Mb and the upload limit set by the server host is 10.5Mb, then today when I figure out a way around that, I find that a gzipped file of 7.5Mb isn't being accepted because (I think) the server host settings are preventing it.
It seems that every time I resolve one problem, another one appears, to stop me from doing what I want to do. Nothing ever seems to go according to plan.

Monday, I'm going to hand over the problem (and files) to the server host, and if they can't make the board work on their server either, I guess I go server hunting again. At least this one came with a money-back guarantee. Pity I can't get a 'time-back' guarantee...