Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Generations Voyager Soundwave/Soundblaster pics

Do we actually know how bug this toys is? My guess is that Laserbeak makes up some of the cost and he is probably not that big for a voyager. Which I woulde prefer.

But yes I don't really see the point in making another WFC Soundwave so similar to the previous one, I guess it is this same strategy as with Prime and the Movie make multiple sizes of popular characters, but still.

The repaint looks ok as there is less ground being rehashed, but I'm still not convinced. I wish they'd make a new classicverse style sound wave who turns into an American sonic pain ray truck. the fact that such a weapon no exists makes it the perfect alt mode for a modern Soundwave.

That chest gimmick is a massive anti climax.

I was expecting more than 'entire front of chest flips down so disk goes into slot'
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Looks nice, but being the only Voyager ... just wrong
    So far... but Generations/Classics has always been a very sporadic line, and that's just in the more popular Deluxe size... so in the least popular size class (according to Hasbro AUS), it might be a while to get several Voyagers.
    I think we can expect Grimlock to be a Voyager (and probably a new Megatron if he has a new form in this game)... but Soundwave is a decent enough start, because I think they wanted to incorporate the "cassettes", so had to redo Soundwave to do it. We all want the Cassett-a-cons, so I'm okay with "re-buying" Soundwave just to make that happen.

I don't know if anyone complained about us having another Deluxe Optimus... at least Soundwave looks a lot nicer (and has the better gimmick - with is minions).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So far... but Generations/Classics has always been a very sporadic line, and that's just in the more popular Deluxe size... so in the least popular size class (according to Hasbro AUS), it might be a while to get several Voyagers.
    I think we can expect Grimlock to be a Voyager (and probably a new Megatron if he has a new form in this game)... but Soundwave is a decent enough start, because I think they wanted to incorporate the "cassettes", so had to redo Soundwave to do it. We all want the Cassett-a-cons, so I'm okay with "re-buying" Soundwave just to make that happen.

I don't know if anyone complained about us having another Deluxe Optimus... at least Soundwave looks a lot nicer (and has the better gimmick - with is minions).
    Does Hasbro actually have a Grimlock in the works? They sounded awfully reluctant in the FOC interview to the whole concept which makes me think that they have no toys planned and are just 'allowing it' in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Do we actually know how bug this toys is? My guess is that Laserbeak makes up some of the cost and he is probably not
    that big for a voyager. Which I woulde prefer.
    Unfortunately, it wasn't displayed at BotCon next to anything already out, to be able to judged the exact size.

It is noticeably bigger/bulkier than the Deluxes, but it might not seem "big enough" to some... but keep in mind that Voyagers aren't a huge step up
    from Deluxe class. Just remember the first two Classics Voyagers, Optimus & Megatron... they weren't much bigger than Deluxes.

The Insecticon is deluxe sized, and the "cassettes" are legends size... so you can see that Soundwave is indeed bulkier. (and as noted, adding Laserbeak, takes away from the bulk of the main figure)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Does Hasbro actually have a Grimlock in the works? They sounded awfully reluctant in the FOC interview to the whole concept which makes me think that they have no toys planned and are just 'allowing it' in the game.
    The one specific they did say was, that we shouldn't expect all five. In effect, it sounds like a confirmation that we will see Dinobots, but the number is yet to be determined... or revealed.

I don't know if they were having a bit of fun teasing us, but they conferred among themselves for a while before saying that they can't say anything yet, but did give us some vague comments... (I have to be careful, as they were very vague for a reason) which I interpreted as being, we can expect at least one Dinobot.

As usual though, I think SDCC will be the big reveal of this sort of thing (which may be why they couldn't announce it yet). If that is true, it will be very disappointing - something I complained about to one of the senior Hasbro people, that they do each year lately.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

i am in the same train of thought, i'm happy to get the soundwave again(kind of again) for the cassette gimmick. Also if a lot of interest is shown in the voyager (and any subsequent moulds) hasbro may be more motivated to make more.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

ive been waiting for a replacement for the cassettes [bots/cons] for a very long time. not sure if this is it though. laserbeak mold looks good but havent seen the others up close. cassettes are a dead tech, it needs to be something else.

what are your ideas? what could be he standard for cassettes?

USB sticks of course Which they have done with Cheetor, Tigatron and Ravage. I am talking about ones that don't actually work but are just a toy to keep costs down

soundblaster isnt a new character or upgrade to soundwave?