Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 & 5 Official Images - Airachnid, Rumble, Kup

Default Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 & 5 Official Images - Airachnid, Rumble, Kup

The official Transformers Facebook page has uploaded some nice clear official images of the next two assortments of Transformers Prime Deluxe toys. First up is Wave 4 with the Wheeljack remold Dead End, which features a new head and new mold Airachnid. Shadow Strike Bumblebee, a redeco of wave 1 Deluxe Bumblebee, rounds out the assortment. Word is Airachnid will be shortpacked in this assortment so be sure to get in early when you see her!

AIRACHNID

RUMBLE

SERGEANT KUP

DEAD END

SHADOW STRIKE BUMBLEBEE

Lets have your thoughts people
    I'm personally interested in the three new moulds

News via TFW2005
    Last edited by griffin; 7th May 2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added source/reference link & toy names
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Who is the Blue Decepticon and why is Ironhide GREEN!!?

EDIT- Right. The blue guy is Rumble (Woot! Rumble is Blue!) and the Green ironhide is actually Kup. huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Who is the Blue Decepticon and why is Ironhide GREEN!!?

EDIT- Right. The blue guy is Rumble (Woot! Rumble is Blue!) and the Green ironhide is actually Kup. huh.
    haha yup
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

RIBFIR.
    Always and forever!

Only Airachnid interests me.
    Another Bumblebee? Is Hasbro kidding themselves?

Kup is so going to be bought, recoloured and re-purposed into my classics shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Kup is so going to be bought, recoloured and re-purposed into my classics shelf.
    re coloured into ironhide?
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I'll get Airachnid if I can find her but I don't think I'll stress out over making sure I get my hands on one. She looks a bit cheap, so fingers crossed for a voyager. She reminds me of the Beast Machines basic character Buzzsaw. He was a wasp and when he went to 'bot mode his wafer thin wings became his legs.
    He was in this Dead Ends colours, too.

Am I about the only one who thinks Airachnid looks any good? Defs picking her up! The ones I don't care much for are those who won't even be making a show appearance (I think I read that Ironhide is one such character). I hope I don't end up regretting not picking up kup or rumble, only to find that they do indeed make even just one appearance in the show.

The only thing about Rumble that looks like Rumble are the weapons. The mould and colours looks more like G2 Smokescreen to me.

Not thrilled about Rumble's colours -- it's not black and red as the original Rumble was, nor is it purple and lavender as G1 cartoon Rumble was... nor navy blue like the colours of G1 Frenzy (and latter IDW Rumble). But I must admit... G1 colour bias is irrelevant, since TF Prime =/= G1. And quite honestly, some of these characters don't look that good in their G1 colours anyway, e.g. Arcee.

I think Airachnid looks nice -- but it's hard to tell with these digitally enhanced images. It'll be easier to judge once we see unaltered in-hand photos, and of course, when we see the toys IRL in stores or at meets etc. I don't mind getting toys of characters who don't appear in the show, so long as they're good toys. In theory these toys should be better designed that the show characters because they'll be unhindered by trying to conform to show likeness. Look at the movie toys - some of the better toys were ones designed by HasTak and not based on Paramount/Dreamworks' designs where they're trying to engineer some massively complex CGI model with 10,000+ components into a small action figure within a controlled price point/budget.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not thrilled about Rumble's colours -- it's not black and red as the original Rumble was,
    It seems to be the current trend at Hasbro, probably due to a "cartoon fan" doing the naming at the moment... as the Generations Rumble is also blue (and Frenzy is red).
    (or their new "Alignment" bible has designated all new Rumbles as blue)