Thread: Hasbro MP Optimus coming to Australia October

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh heck yes, cannot wait! So pumped for this.

Will be reeeeealllly tempted when I see him in the stores

They can call this Masterpiece Prime all they want but I don't consider it to be in the same league / scale. More than happy with the original MP Prime which side by side with MP Megatron looks great. This MP Prime with it's dull grey plastic looks like a cheap knock-off. Pass for me. Kudos to Hasbro for bringing it out here though.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

How much would it be in the states?

Unlikely to be above US$100, as it seems to be the ceiling price for TFs toys over there (to get retailers to take them and profit from them).

We might get quite a few TFs toys here at $100 plus, but it is quite unheard of in America.

$150 is gonna be a hard sell to parents. Looks like it's purely aiming at collectors only. Still it's cheaper than TT but wishing for a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by maxirod View Post
    $150 is gonna be a hard sell to parents. Looks like it's purely aiming at collectors only.
    It won't be just collectors, but also adults who have a casual interest in Transformers but aren't fans. And I think $150 is a fair price for this kind of MP by Australian MP price standards (remember that MP04 sold here for $200 and MP Grimlock sold for $150 etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by maxirod View Post
    Still it's cheaper than TT but wishing for a lower price.
    Cheaper is always better, but as you said, it is _significantly_ cheaper than TakaraTOMY's version. TakTOM's version retails for 23100JPY which converts to $288. And that's not including postage. So at nearly half the cost of TakTOM's, I find $150 to be an acceptable price for this MP in Australia, even despite the cheaper colours that Hasbro have chosen.

I'm hoping to get more value for money compared to the $150 I spent on MP Grimlock. That's the most I've ever spent on a Masterpiece -- only that it's just one robot (no trailer or roller etc.) and engineering wise it's relatively simple for a MP. I've never seen MP-10 IRL so I can't comment on its engineering, but even if it's simpler than MP01, given that it comes with a trailer and Roller (which MP04 didn't), it seems like superior value for money. Sure the TakTOM colours are nicer... but I'm not willing to spend double the cost to get one.

Sky Shadow made a good point about the Hasbro grey on another thread. On close inspection (a large image) the figure does look pretty cheap when it comes to plastic (Hasbro grey) and painted detailing. However it isn't as bad as other figures so it may still be worth the cost given the trailer is included.

BOUGHT! OH yeah now a reason to keep visiting TRU around September!

yikka888 Guest

Long time coming can't wait!!!!