Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FoC Deluxe Wave 1 released in Malaysia and Shockwave in-hand pics

Default FoC Deluxe Wave 1 released in Malaysia and Shockwave in-hand pics

Thanks Seibertron.com.
    FoC Wave 1 Deluxes.
    Shockwave pics.

A video review of Jazz.

And word that American online stores are expecting their stock within the next couple weeks, so if you were pre-ordering these from an American site, they should be on their way to you some time during July.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Thanks Seibertron.com.
    FoC Wave 1 Deluxes.
    Shockwave pics.
    even just looking at all the prime toys on the pegs has me jealous.. FOC stuff too!!!! way to rub it in
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I really dislike Shockwave's colors. A pink chest? What the hell were they thinking!?!

It is now certainly in a 'Let's see what Tomy does otherwise don't even bother buying' category.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toy...40746518_3.jpg
    Last edited by griffin; 28th June 2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: hotlinking images forbidden

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I really dislike Shockwave's colors. A pink chest? What the hell were they thinking!?!
    This isn't directly targeted at you, but this is an example of what I'm about to say.

It seems as though Hasbro/TT can't do anything right by the fanbase.
    It is ALWAYS 'not enough paint apps' this and 'not good enough articulation' that.
    Now there is a new complaint, 'too many paint apps' regarding this figure (there are complaints on one website in particular ...take a guess)

The poor guys are trying, at least they're adding paint. I know the colour isn't that good but at least there is some.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    This isn't directly targeted at you, but this is an example of what I'm about to say.

It seems as though Hasbro/TT can't do anything right by the fanbase.
    It is ALWAYS 'not enough paint apps' this and 'not good enough articulation' that.
    Now there is a new complaint, 'too many paint apps' regarding this figure (there are complaints on one website in particular ...take a guess)

The poor guys are trying, at least they're adding paint. I know the colour isn't that good but at least there is some.
    I wouldn't say that it needs more paint apps. I would say that it has poorly chosen colors. What they appear to have included is that clear pink plastic which the Euro Turbomasters used to have. It worked well with those toys but not Shockwave!

This isn't about how many paint apps it's got but how poorly chosen those colors are.

Is criticizing Hasbro for mass releasing FOC Bruticus in horribly bright colors while having the game accurate release as an expensive and hard to acquire exclusive not warranted?

I honestly don't see much 'trying' in any of their recent assortments. The only bright points appear to be the MP announcements but even Sideswipe's size can be called into question but still, those are Tomy not Hasbro!

Looking good, don't mind the strange colour choices myself and since Shockwave is a Arms Micron figure in Japan this is the only version I will be getting.

Good to see the size comparison!

My daughter is going to love it
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

My guess is that they were trying to mimic Shockwave's colours in the game which has a bright/glowing lavender colour... but for some reason, looks pink in that photo.

I wouldn't say that it needs more paint apps. I would say that it has poorly chosen colors. What they appear to have included is that clear pink plastic which the Euro Turbomasters used to have. It worked well with those toys but not Shockwave!
    I don't think it even worked well with the Turbomasters!! But bright gaudy "hurt your eyes" colours were all the rage in the 1990s. I don't know what was weirder... buying these brightly coloured toys at the time, or the fact that I was wearing a Hypercolor tee shirt at the time!! YEAH BABY!

Is criticizing Hasbro for mass releasing FOC Bruticus in horribly bright colors while having the game accurate release as an expensive and hard to acquire exclusive not warranted?
    Yes. Yes it is. Don't you see that releasing the game-accurate version as a limited exclusive and the bright coloured version as a mass retail release makes perfect sense!? I mean, it's almost as awesome as releasing Classicsverse Thundercracker as a limited exclusive while the mass released Acid Storm pegwarmed!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My guess is that they were trying to mimic Shockwave's colours in the game which has a bright/glowing lavender colour... but for some reason, looks pink in that photo.
    In the game it looks like a clear bright violet. In the Generations toy it looks like Turbomaster pink.