Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Asia exclusive Generations revealed in full - cardback images and new heads!

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I like the paint schemes and who these are representing but at the end of the day this is the height of laziness. Let's stick a new head on something and give it pretty colours WOOHOO! I'll admit if the oppurtunity arises I will most probably get some of these but would have thought some of these really deserved a completely new mold.
    These are limited market exclusives. Not much different to the BotCon toys. Like BotCon why would they make new toys for a limited run when they can just repaint old toys. The fact that they are nearly all getting new heads and new weapons shows it not as lazy as the old Universe line. Some like Swerve, were probably always planned.

Maybe some of these characters will get new toys in 2013's Generations line (but so far those are all WFC/FOC toys). For people who don't like TFPrime this gives them something to look at buying.

A bit ironic how G2 Megatron is using Bludgeon's mold. Hold the head sculpt turns out proportionately better than Gigatron.

Also, Hasbro has been dodging this for a long time, but Springer really does need an original mold for himself.

I like the deluxes. The voyagers are a bit hit and miss. I really can't make up my mind on Brawn.

Good way to release FE Cliffjumper and Bulkhead moulds though.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    These are limited market exclusives. Not much different to the BotCon toys. Like BotCon why would they make new toys for a limited run when they can just repaint old toys. The fact that they are nearly all getting new heads and new weapons shows it not as lazy as the old Universe line. Some like Swerve, were probably always planned.
    Hasbro HK seems to be doing what TakaraTomy used to be praised for - accommodating the demands of more dedicated/selective collectors, who don't have as much interest in the mainstream lines as the general public do. They've seen the greater interest for the new (small) Generations line that homages Gen1 characters, over the larger Prime and Movie lines that are aimed more at kids/parents and fans of the movies/TV show.
    Since they aren't just straight redecos, the added parts are about as much as they could afford on such a limited run... and are better than Hasbro US just changing colours and nothing else.

(at a glance though to me, this set looks more like a set of Custom figures, with the way some are shoe-horned into an alt-mode/robot-mode that isn't originally designed for them - I'll still buy them though )

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I dont like the toy for Springer but im thinking with a simple head swap it might make a good classicverse Waspinator.
    Well damn, I kind of want Springer now.

I was hoping Megatron would be coloured like this. That could have been pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I like the deluxes. The voyagers are a bit hit and miss. I really can't make up my mind on Brawn.

Good way to release FE Cliffjumper and Bulkhead moulds though.
    From the images so far, Brawn's head remold looks promising. A bit odd on a gigantic body, but it doesn't look as odd as Classics Voyager Powerglide's body. The head might be useful refitted on ROTF Deluxe Brawn's body?

I'd be likely getting most of these. If indeed they are not sold in Oz, what would be the best online retailer to get them from, by the case?

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'd be likely getting most of these. If indeed they are not sold in Oz, what would be the best online retailer to get them from, by the case?
    Big Bad Toy Store (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/) had some pretty fair prices for the recent Generations Fall of Cybertron Wave 1 figs. Jazz/OP/Shockwave were up for pre-order for $48USD before postage ($16USD ea).

I found postage to be about the same as other online stores, but you've got the added option of Pile of Loot (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/c...aspx?content=4) if you're not too much of a hurry.

Will this mean then that Hasbro will not produce anymore of these characters for mainstream "generations" line... I hope not, I 'm still hoping for a triple changer Springer... someday....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    RobotKingdom is based out of HK and source a lot of their product from Hasbro HK. They'd likely get cheaper prices since they don't need to import to the US and then post back to Aus like BBTS would. They might however put a markup on these because of their exclusivity.