Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lego Star Wars winter sets available

Post Lego Star Wars winter sets available

Just wanted to remind you guys that the new Lego star wars sets are available at such retailers such as toys r us. they are also available at Lego.com and are ready to ship. What are you looking forward to? I might get the skiff and I want the palace but it's a bit expensive. Some people even have the Palpatine's arrest set. Most of these sets if not all are available in Europe and I look forward to hear about our purchases. This might be a good time to use the 25% off coupon but I think they're on sale so we'll wait and see. Comment below and enjoy your Lego!

Where is the Palpatine Arrest set available? That's the last one I haven't seen, and what 25% coupon are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Where is the Palpatine Arrest set available? That's the last one I haven't seen, and what 25% coupon are you referring to?
    9526 Palpatine's Arrest was discovered a little while back. I think it popped up in Germany or something.

It has a listing on the AU S@H, but not available just yet.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

As much as i try not to go for the play-sets, the minifigs get me everytime..
    Would like to get the Palace, Skiff and now the Arrest in this round..

and what 25% coupon are you referring to?

It was an online coupon for June 8-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    9526 Palpatine's Arrest was discovered a little while back. I think it popped up in Germany or something.

Yeah, I'm familiar with it. Just had not seen it in shops.

It has a listing on the AU S@H, but not available just yet.
    That's really weird for two reasons:

1. If you shop by theme, choose Star Wars and show all, that set doesn't come up.

2. $150. Are you @#$%ing kidding me? That feels like a new level of robbery with these guys. If you allocate out $30 for the minifigs, $120 for those little platforms? Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Ah, a TRU coupon. Specify people! Specify! For a moment, I thought I missed out on a 25% Lego coupon. Then I would have only been robbed a bit less by Lego.

That's really weird for two reasons:

1. If you shop by theme, choose Star Wars and show all, that set doesn't come up.
    It is because it not Available for Australia yet. The only reason it is there is because it is there for other countries. Since the data is there for the other countries, when you make the website AU, it just takes that information in puts it in the Australian format. But it is the same for the North American stores as well, actually with the American and Canadian stores it just returns an error message.

2. $150. Are you @#$%ing kidding me? That feels like a new level of robbery with these guys. If you allocate out $30 for the minifigs, $120 for those little platforms? Very frustrating.
    Yeah. It makes me a sad panda.

What is even weirder is that we used to be pegged with the European prices. With this set, the GBP price (£59.99/AU$92.53) and the EUR price (89,99 €/AU$111.99) are significantly lower. And also stranger is that they are significantly different themselves. They used to be much closer, only different by a bit.

On top of that, the Aussie dollar has been stronger against both those currencies in recent times. If they are varying the prices between these 2 currencies it seems unfair they ain't doing the same for our prices. Not by the same amount but if not by a little bit.

I mean, I get that we don't have a factory like Europe and Nth America, but still. Shouldn't be a 30-50% increase.

Luckily, if you're a bit of a sales hawk, the prices start to become comparable. I got Jabba's Palace and the Skiff at a 25% off at Myer, and the SSD price is pretty good too.

Luckily, if you're a bit of a sales hawk, the prices start to become comparable. I got Jabba's Palace and the Skiff at a 25% off at Myer, and the SSD price is pretty good too.
    Yeah. I'm gonna grab the Camper Van from Myer. Only AU$129 in their sale while the RRP for overseas is £79.99 / US$119.99.

$116.10 for Myer One customers tomorrow. ;-)

I might get another. My brother gave me one for Christmas. It's an awesome build. One of my favorite Lego sets ever. Although I am somewhat partial. I used to own a Kombi campervan.