Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collecting TF:Prime:Cyberverse

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I feel fairly uninterested in much of the Prime line after the FE. I will be interested in Dreadwing and Breakdonw I think and be happy enough with that. I am seeing it as a way to save some cash though!
    That's my feeling too. I got my fix with the FE toys at the end of last year and, until the FOC toys come out later this year there's nothing in stores I want so I'm stretching but could be saving cash.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hold on ...Ironhide and Dreadwing are out now in local market are they? If so i gotta do some visiting of stores tomorrow then.
    At two Myers (at least) in Victoria so far. Dreadwing looked really good. With Ironhide I'm pretty sure I could wait for the Deluxe, but I believe Dreadwing is going to be a Poweriser/Voyager and I'm not keen on those.

So it seems Bulkhead's a pretty popular toy all up. I might try to find that onsale to test it. The DOTM Cyberverse had a couple of figures I really like in Commander size (Powerglide, Blackout). The other Prime Commanders look good in robot mode in the packaging, but I can see that they might fail when opened.

I have all of the first wave of the Prime cyberverse.

my favorites are bulkhead and Cliffjumper for sure. they both have good transformations, and look good in both modes.

commanders:
    Starscream looks OK in vehicle mode, looks better if you rotate the feet the right way so they blend in better with the fuselage. Robot mode is very difficult to pose in anything but a single stance as it is sooo top heavy. looks OK but the hands are obscured by the cockpit.

Megatron's vehicle mode is a bit rubbish being a "cybertronian" jet, and the clear plastic looks out of place. The Robot mode though is very good and very posable.

Optimus looks good in vehicle mode, robot mode is OK, I like the transformation of this guy a lot, the split ball joint in the shoulder is an engineering marvel. robot mode is also fairly poseable.

all commanders are too much at rrp of $18, like mentioned above, if they were $12 each, I'd be happier, I have them all as it was my first option at getting most of the cast. least favorite is starscream. on sale would be a good price for them.

Legion class.

BB is OK, interesting shoulders, but no knees or elbows.

Ratchet has an interesting leg/foot transformation that makes his robot mode look a lot better than it otherwise would. arms are very simple.

Arcee has a pretty good bike mode, very good transformation (reminiscent or animated prowl) and an OK robot mode, her arms are missing elbows and her hands are a little obscured.

Vehicon has a nice vehicle mode and good robot mode, head reveal is better than it would have been two years ago, feet are visible in vehicle mode but it has knees that are unrelated to the transformation (mostly).

Overall, the scales of the commanders to legion class toys is very good, all of the first wave stand out as having very good vehicle modes in that ALL hinges are internal. the weapons on the legions are forgettable, but very good on the commanders. They are a good set of easy transform, easy pose, quick fiddle, well scaled toys.

the only non cyberverse I have opened at this stage are soundwave and wheeljack which I am very impressed with, the FE stuff I am gradually collecting when I can afford it. as far as I can tell, the non-FE characters that have PRIDE molds as well, would be generally considered very good if the FE toys had never existed.

Here's hoping the next wave of prime cyberverse and otherwise, turns up for the mid year toy sales.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Before these all came to local retail I figured that I would collect them all as a cheaper alternative to the deluxes and voyagers. That was before I knew how much they would cost at local retail. $20 for a commander from Myer is just plain extortion.

Lack of (interesting) product and high prices has killed-off my urge to collect Transformers this year.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]