Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BigW Toy Sale June 28 - July 11

Sorry, I wasn't meaning a shame for me (that sort of ego talk is why I don't talk/boast about my acquisitions here anymore - it puts off people from wanting to share about their own)... I was meaning for those who were hoping to see the unreleased figure (Over-Run), as I noted that it was at least good that people will have a better chance this time at finding Wave 3 (because they were so hard to find in 2010).
    I was also referring to it being a shame that Hasbro are offloading such old stock for the Toy sales this year, instead of some items that are brand new and exclusive to hype about.
    (The Trilogy Optimus w/ Trailer is one, but people are still over the movie toys to be too excited about it)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah, I edited my post above yours to wonder that as well (before I saw your reply).
    I think that may be the case - the catalogue specials start today on the website, but we have to wait another 7 days to get those specials in store.
    Not necessarily true,

Big Ws price matching policy states that they match any advertised price. (including it's own online brochure!) We have been instructed to match this on customer demand only.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Well that's a useful technicality.

Although... why are stores (Target & BigW) price-matching to catalogue/sales that haven't started yet? If you bring in a BigW catalogue, can't Target (and BigW) refuse to price-match because the sale hasn't started yet? (and the fine print says that they don't price match to online sales)
    Or do they not care, as long as they make a sale right now.

Although... why are stores (Target & BigW) price-matching to catalogue/sales that haven't started yet? If you bring in a BigW catalogue, can't Target (and BigW) refuse to price-match because the sale hasn't started yet? (and the fine print says that they don't price match to online sales)
    Or do they not care, as long as they make a sale right now.
    Not sure there was just communication this week that we are to match our online and target brochures "on demand"
    Recent Additions:
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    Selling:
    Looking For:

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Not sure there was just communication this week that we are to match our online and target brochures "on demand"
    I spoke with the Store Manager of the Garden City store, and he said that they are not allowed to price-match any catalogue (theirs or competitors) until the date printed on the catalogue.... and if any store does, he said they would be in a lot of trouble for it.
    If there is an official communication going against that, perhaps your store manager can forward it to the Garden City store, so that I don't have to wait until the 28th to get some items from there?

(or maybe just send me a copy and I can wave it in his face... ...kidding of course, as I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble for my own selfish purposes)

I spoke with the Store Manager of the Garden City store, and he said that they are not allowed to price-match any catalogue (theirs or competitors) until the date printed on the catalogue.... and if any store does, he said they would be in a lot of trouble for it.
    If there is an official communication going against that, perhaps your store manager can forward it to the Garden City store, so that I don't have to wait until the 28th to get some items from there?

(or maybe just send me a copy and I can wave it in his face... ...kidding of course, as I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble for my own selfish purposes)
    Hey Griff,
    I am the store manager and it was communicated via what we call an E-link on thursday.
    Recent Additions:
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    Selling:
    Looking For:

So I went to another BigW (Kuraby), and asked about price-matching to their online catalogue, but they were adamant that they couldn't. The Assistant store manager came over to confirm this, and I pointed out that it doesn't say that their Price-matching Policy excludes online specials, like other stores do. She conceded that point, and was almost impressed by it, but said that it wouldn't be fair to have people raiding the sale items a week before it was advertised to start (for the general public). (I was starting to think that maybe this was just something WA stores were told to do, because none of the QLD stores seemed to know anything about it)
    Then another staff member came over and pointed out to the assistant manager, that they had a staff meeting this morning about this - in that they just got told to match their online prices, but not to advertise it.... kinda like a secret sale.
    So it took me about 20 minutes, but if you want to get a jump on the toy sale at BigW, go to the customer service desk before you go grabbing stuff, to verify that that store is aware of it first. And if they aren't, speak to the store manager, or ask them to contact head office, as it sounds like the stores were indeed notified, but not all of them seem to read their emails.

(for all that trouble, I did manage to save $16 with the two TFPrime remote-control vehicles... but I hope others find the process easier... or just wait 4 more days and fight the crowds to get the items before they run out)

Had a similar experience to griffin at Big W (Top Ryde), but wasn't as lucky - maybe because I didn't really push hard to get them to price match their catalogue. They just said that online starts 1 week earlier and wouldn't price match.

Smile

So I went to another BigW (Kuraby), and asked about price-matching to their online catalogue, but they were adamant that they couldn't. The Assistant store manager came over to confirm this, and I pointed out that it doesn't say that their Price-matching Policy excludes online specials, like other stores do. She conceded that point, and was almost impressed by it, but said that it wouldn't be fair to have people raiding the sale items a week before it was advertised to start (for the general public). (I was starting to think that maybe this was just something WA stores were told to do, because none of the QLD stores seemed to know anything about it)
    Then another staff member came over and pointed out to the assistant manager, that they had a staff meeting this morning about this - in that they just got told to match their online prices, but not to advertise it.... kinda like a secret sale.
    So it took me about 20 minutes, but if you want to get a jump on the toy sale at BigW, go to the customer service desk before you go grabbing stuff, to verify that that store is aware of it first. And if they aren't, speak to the store manager, or ask them to contact head office, as it sounds like the stores were indeed notified, but not all of them seem to read their emails.

(for all that trouble, I did manage to save $16 with the two TFPrime remote-control vehicles... but I hope others find the process easier... or just wait 4 more days and fight the crowds to get the items before they run out)
    Funny that the staff knew but managers didnt read the memo. It was a national memo and yes it says only on "customer demand"
    Recent Additions:
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    Selling:
    Looking For: