Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shockwave

Default Shockwave

Hi guys, went looking 4 a shockwave, found this on ebay. I'm not sure if its a KO, the reason is because it just seems too good to be true. $92.50, in AUSTRALIA? Seems legit, but I'm unsure. Now just because I posted it here doesn't mean you have to jump straight on it b4 i get t get more info. Thanks guys, Bidoofdude, out.
    EDIT- Someone just bought it. I have a feeling it was soemone on here.

Are you talking about G1 Shockwave? If so, there's a guide on how to tell the fake from the original here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    EDIT- Someone just bought it. I have a feeling it was soemone on here.
    I don't even have an eBay account, so don't look at me! Besides, if it's a fake then just as well you didn't get it.

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

Here is the link in case anyone has one of those fancy CSI computer programs that can magnify thumbnail sized images and wants to check if it's a KO.

i'd garuntee its a ko every transformer he has listed is

A lot of the sellers other transformers for sale are KO/"reissue". I would think that this Shockwave is also a KO, it's a bit tough to tell without seeing it outside the box though. A lot of KOs are readily available on ioffer.com and the stock photos from there can give you a good idea of what the current KOs look like, and a lot of the photos from there wind up being used on ebay auctions.

The pictures of these KOs look absolutely legit. Are the toys quite obvious to tell apart from the originals?

He's got 39 transformers currently listed, and all of them look to be fakes... and hardly any even mention "reissue", which is at least one way of saying it is a fake.
    If it would do any good, I'd report them all and hope he'd get removed. But it looks like he's been around for a while (based on the feedback score), and probably all the non-TFs stuff is fakes as well.

That sort of deception is despicable.

IMO even claiming a KO is a "reissue" is still deceptive. While more experienced/savvy collectors may be aware of which G1 toys have been legitimiately reissued or not, more casual and less knowledgeable buyers may not and are more likely to be deceived. Because as we all know, there are plenty of legit reissues from HasTak, and even saying "Chinese reissue" isn't clear either, because there have been legit reissues from China too.

While I loathe selling counterfeits period, I must say that I can appreciate some sellers who at least openly tell buyers that their products are fakes, allowing them to make an informed consumer choice. Like Mandarake where any KOs are labelled with a sticker that says "knock off". It'd be a lot less frustrating if more sellers followed their example and were more upfront and honest about the nature of their products instead of trying to deceive buyers and rip them off of their hard earned cash.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    He's got 39 transformers currently listed, and all of them look to be fakes... and hardly any even mention "reissue", which is at least one way of saying it is a fake.
    If it would do any good, I'd report them all and hope he'd get removed. But it looks like he's been around for a while (based on the feedback score), and probably all the non-TFs stuff is fakes as well.

That sort of deception is despicable.
    That decepticon.... Well got over it and went and bought myself rts perceptor, felling good about myself.

The sad thing is when a Knock-Off, with or without the false "reissue" claim, is bought by someone thinking it is the real thing... then goes and tries to resell it and finds out it is a fake.
    It's like spending thousands on a Diamond ring, only to find out it is worth less than a tenth for being just Cubic Zirconia or synthetic Diamond.... something that a "newbie" wouldn't be able to spot, but an "expert" could easily spot and avoid.