Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: US Amazon shipping some regular TFs toys overseas

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    There must be some loophole we can take advantage of??? I dont like this one bit!! Seeing an album for $20 in Aus and yet $10 for Americans.
    Have you tried getting it sent here? They send over DVDs easily enough, I don't think I have ever ordered a CD from Amazon US before. Although Amazon Japan sends over CDs with no issues, so you should be able to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    There must be some loophole we can take advantage of??? I dont like this one bit!! Seeing an album for $20 in Aus and yet $10 for Americans.
    There's something basically wrong w/ pricing here.

I keep getting teased by FOC Shockwave on Amazon for $15... but it won't ship here. It seems a bit hit and miss.

That is weird, having some new items exportable but not others... but at least we get access to some items, to offset the items we have to end up paying more for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Have you tried getting it sent here? They send over DVDs easily enough, I don't think I have ever ordered a CD from Amazon US before. Although Amazon Japan sends over CDs with no issues, so you should be able to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    There's something basically wrong w/ pricing here.
    Oops I meant itunes. Heat of a rant

A tip - don't buy comics or TPBs from Amazon, especially if it is with other items. I bought a couple Kre-O sets, the latest three TFs TPBs (RID, MTMTE, Autocracy) and some GIJoe TPBs, and they were all just thrown in together in a big box with a bit of crumpled paper at the top. During transit the books were just sliding around loose inside the big box, causing two to be folded open, and one to be having the spine push a hole through the cover of another.
    Best to stick with the UK book depository with books, and leave the toys for Amazon. (unless there is no choice... in which case, order the books separately, and they may get packed more securely)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A tip - don't buy comics or TPBs from Amazon, especially if it is with other items. I bought a couple Kre-O sets, the latest three TFs TPBs (RID, MTMTE, Autocracy) and some GIJoe TPBs, and they were all just thrown in together in a big box with a bit of crumpled paper at the top. During transit the books were just sliding around loose inside the big box, causing two to be folded open, and one to be having the spine push a hole through the cover of another.
    Best to stick with the UK book depository with books, and leave the toys for Amazon. (unless there is no choice... in which case, order the books separately, and they may get packed more securely)
    Though they (Amazon) would be pretty good at replacing or giving credit due to damage aren't they?

The Book Depository is not all that flash with the packing either. I've ordered several TF related books from them and most have been damaged due to inadequate packaging. Granted, they were very apologetic and exchanged the items without fuss - some of which turned up damaged as well. You win some, you loose some.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I've had the experience of multiple books swimming around in one box from Amazon and been unimpressed.

But I've never been unhappy with a BookDepository purchase. I've bought a lot from them, 95 books so far at a quick count. Everything always comes in it's own envelope. Usually a solid brown envelope. There's been the occasional slight crease or so to a corner but nothing so bad I've felt the need to return to sender. I'm paying 25% off minimum of RRP and getting free postage, I'm not going to be too upset if something isn't in absolute mint condition. If anything there's more damage done at the Post Office bending some of the smaller books to fit in the PO Box and the seller can't be blamed for that.

Maybe they've (Book Depository) changed their packaging lately due to multiple complaints because they didn't use solid brown envelopes when I ordered from them My last purchase from them was about a year ago.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]