Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please test the board, and let me know of any new problems.

Default Please test the board, and let me know of any new problems.

I am auto-redirecting the old domain to the new temporary domain, to cover people while their Internet Service Providers take time to update their registries to the new IP location.

As such, there may be a few postings on the old location in the 10 odd minutes of the transfer (I didn't want to risk redoing it tonight when no one was online, and have some other problems occur).

When the the auto-redirect is no longer needed in the next couple of days, I will have a look to see if any postings were made during that time that need to be mentioned at this new location. Or, if you made a posting around 2pm today and notice it missing, you could re-post it.

Okay, over the next week, please post here, or contact me if you find anything that isn't working, or you think isn't working the way it should. Iceburn and I have already noticed that certain functions auto-redirect you to a part of the post you weren't at, at the time you accessed that function, but if that isn't something I can't fix, it isn't a huge deal (I think), unless it is a constant problem.

I will also return the rest of the attachments in the next few days, that were temporarily deleted to reduce the size of the back-up copy.

Just a minor thing, but some PMs I got today aren't here.

dont worry about my attached pics to the server griff...the post can make do without it, save the space

will report more errors if found (if any)

[edit]
    Thanks for the smooth transition as said so other time
    Last edited by iceburn; 24th June 2008 at 03:04 PM.

Private messages - that was a part of the database copy I uploaded last night, so that will also have some missing (anything sent or received between 3am to 3pm today). If I tried to re-upload a current copy of the PMs section of the database tonight, any messages sent from now to midnight would be lost. Besides, I don't want to risk playing with anything unless it is absolutely necessary.
    If anyone had a private message received or sent during that 12 period and it is missing, and really needs it, let me know, and I will try to access the old server's copy of the board and retrieve it for you.
    Sorry for that inconvenience - I just had an idea today and had to try it (uploading just part of the database relating to posts), and since it worked, I wasn't game to try again tonight to re-install everything.

Also, this will affect anything else you have done that isn't related to a post, during that 12 hour period, because at 3am everything but posts (at that time) were uploaded, and at 3pm the posts (at that time) were uploaded.

I will also be updating the DNS registry now, which may cause connection problems if I have done it wrong (but shouldn't - then again, there wasn't supposed to be any problems with the board transfer either...).
    When I get home tonight, I will see if the DNS registry update has taken affect, and adjust it if necessary.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

TEST

OH YEA, ABOUT TIME.
    ________
    Avandia Settlements
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:47 AM.

This pic is just gold...

Thanks a tonne boss bot! and between MV75 and Kyle's pics and my post w/ links, we've got those functions back!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Thank you Griffin!

Yay!!! Pics are back!!!

Very happy~!!!

Thanks again boss bot~!