Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

@Shirokaze: Is there an Ozformer nearby a version of that mould for you to check out? G2 Brute is beautiful in its box, but you may be sorely disappointed by its engineering - feel free to disagree once you've played with one The toys are just too hollow and lightweight for my liking.

@BigTransformerTrev: The Brown Takara Blastoff matches his IDW very well, but I can't justify that amount for him either. However at $37, shiny purple Takara Generations Senator Ratbat is a must!!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    You've always got the option of taking him out of the box, having a play and then putting him back in.
    ^agreed. It's not like carded Hasbro toys where once you open the bubble there's no way of putting it back in packaging for in-box display again.

Welp, I'm only interested in the predacons from beast hunters. Maybe, magnus, maybe voyager BH prime and shockwave. Generations Orion Pax only to customise. I'm definitely interested in the Cyberverse stuff, although not the play sets.

I made a decision recently to pretty much stick to the MP line this year as there is enough coming out to keep me happy. I was hoping for some inspiring BeastBots but they have been very uninspiring to say the least. The FOC line isn't all that impressive either though I am interested in Metro. Anyone else thinking this way at the moment?

You've always got the option of taking him out of the box, having a play and then putting him back in.
    Alrighty, it's decided! I think I'll attempt this. No cutting all the twist ties like I usually do

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    @BigTransformerTrev: The Brown Takara Blastoff matches his IDW very well, but I can't justify that amount for him either. However at $37, shiny purple Takara Generations Senator Ratbat is a must!!
    I just had a look at Robot Kingdom, instead of my usual BBTS. It has Takara Blast Off for $31 and Senator Ratbat for $27.90, though annoyingly it said 'In Stock' for Ratbat and when I clicked on him it changed to 'Availbale June 2013'. However their Hasbro Grimlock is like $11 more expensive than BBTS so who knows what to trust in this crazy mixed-up world

I always buy from RK and yes, when it says 'available now' it can be a bit confusing / misleading. I guess I'm just used to reading the description to ensure it actually is in stock. Having said that, if it's something I'm after, I'll know in advance before placing an order if it is available now or a future toy release.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I just had a look at Robot Kingdom, instead of my usual BBTS. It has Takara Blast Off for $31 and Senator Ratbat for $27.90, though annoyingly it said 'In Stock' for Ratbat and when I clicked on him it changed to 'Availbale June 2013'. However their Hasbro Grimlock is like $11 more expensive than BBTS so who knows what to trust in this crazy mixed-up world
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I always buy from RK and yes, when it says 'available now' it can be a bit confusing / misleading. I guess I'm just used to reading the description to ensure it actually is in stock. Having said that, if it's something I'm after, I'll know in advance before placing an order if it is available now or a future toy release.
    That's how I ended up waiting 4 extra months for my Maketoys Giant Quite surprised that they're selling Grimlock for more, but RK has had a habit of adjusting their prices (usually upwards) if an item sells well. I think their Generations GDO Voyagers box of 4 were $120 at one time, but after selling like hotcakes they adjusted their second batch to $160. eHobbybase did the same, it seems like they roughly peg their prices against RK. However sometimes RK pre-orders have the effect of dragging down BBTS prices.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I've recently moved house and as such, my collection will remain packed away due to space limitations with the exception of few Masterpieces and newer figures.

I usually make an effort to open all my figures, so when I came across G2 Generations Bruticus which has been boxed since he arrived from Amazon a couple of months ago, I hit a stumbling block.

G2 Bruticus looks absolutely fantastic in the box, so I'm reluctant to open it up. Problem is I don't have any other versions of this mold, and I'm really itching to transform him.

What say you Ozformers? Should I open him, or am I not missing out on much?
    Looks like you're going ahead with it, which is what I would have suggested. along with others, it should be pretty easy to put him back in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I made a decision recently to pretty much stick to the MP line this year as there is enough coming out to keep me happy. I was hoping for some inspiring BeastBots but they have been very uninspiring to say the least. The FOC line isn't all that impressive either though I am interested in Metro. Anyone else thinking this way at the moment?
    not entirely.
    I was thinking that this year looked a little light on for me with all the prime series re-moulds not being on my radar.

I was planning on grabbing the show relevant beasts and extras like smokescreen, the few remaining FOC figures I don't have, and MP soundwave when he hit here and saving my cash for later on when more MP's hit and maybe saving the rest for a 2014 botcon trip.

now though, the Metroplex (like you I can't pass this up), the triple changers, the IDW inspired figures, new legion classics (maybe not the prime). I'm probably going to put a lid on my Kreo collecting so I cam make sure of being able to get everything else. and Third party purchases are not even a maybe now that there's soo much Hasbro/Takara Stuff coming up. Not to mention further 30 year celebration figures that haven't been announced yet.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Looks like you're going ahead with it, which is what I would have suggested. along with others, it should be pretty easy to put him back in.

not entirely.
    I was thinking that this year looked a little light on for me with all the prime series re-moulds not being on my radar.

I was planning on grabbing the show relevant beasts and extras like smokescreen, the few remaining FOC figures I don't have, and MP soundwave when he hit here and saving my cash for later on when more MP's hit and maybe saving the rest for a 2014 botcon trip.

now though, the Metroplex (like you I can't pass this up), the triple changers, the IDW inspired figures, new legion classics (maybe not the prime). I'm probably going to put a lid on my Kreo collecting so I cam make sure of being able to get everything else. and Third party purchases are not even a maybe now that there's soo much Hasbro/Takara Stuff coming up. Not to mention further 30 year celebration figures that haven't been announced yet.
    I'll also probably have to do a lot of limiting my buying now, with Blitzwing, Metroplex and Hasbro MP Soundwave.