Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1121262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Question 1 how much space do you have?
    Metroplex is MASSIVE. if you are limited for space he might just not be practical.
    I have my Metroplex on display on a shelf in robot mode as the other modes just don't fit anywhere in our apartment.

I question if the shuttle geometry will suit the size/shape of transformers legends, the platforms and ramps that suit the star wars figures might be too narrow for the little transformers. This is a guess from the pictures and video in your link. while the shuttle is smaller overall, it doesn't really have a mode that doesn't take up a lot of real estate, at least with Metroplex his robot mode has a comparatively small footprint even it is 2 feet tall at the same time.

the transport mode of Metroplex is good for displaying legions in vehicle modes, especially the aircraft. you can fit a lot on there.

Personally as much as I really like star wars, it's not transformers and therefore my advice is Metroplex, but the above needs to be considered. I have Fortress Maximus as well, I got it out of the box, changed its modes a couple times and then put it back in the box in the cupboard because there was no-where to display it without it getting in the way. this might be the biggest issue with city formers. Of course if they came out with a Titan Trypticon I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Metroplex

Old photo, but to give you an idea what I meant:

(Metro is also a great counselor for prime)

he looks hyoooge in that second photo

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    he looks hyoooge in that second photo
    Haha, so good aye. I actually have him like it at the moment. Feel like I don't have a floor anymore.

it is
    I had to do a double take thinking, damn, that's one big bot

I'd love to see an image of Metroplex next to a baby. But here's my Metroplex next to my then-four-year-old daughter. Fortress Maximus is about the same size (a bit shorter but bulkier/heavier) than Metroplex, and there's also a pic of Brave & Fort Max w/ my daughter when she was a newborn.

So these toys are actually bigger than newborns, or about half the size of a preschooler.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 13th November 2014 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Question 1 how much space do you have?
    Metroplex is MASSIVE. if you are limited for space he might just not be practical.
    I have my Metroplex on display on a shelf in robot mode as the other modes just don't fit anywhere in our apartment.

I question if the shuttle geometry will suit the size/shape of transformers legends, the platforms and ramps that suit the star wars figures might be too narrow for the little transformers. This is a guess from the pictures and video in your link. while the shuttle is smaller overall, it doesn't really have a mode that doesn't take up a lot of real estate, at least with Metroplex his robot mode has a comparatively small footprint even it is 2 feet tall at the same time.

the transport mode of Metroplex is good for displaying legions in vehicle modes, especially the aircraft. you can fit a lot on there.

Personally as much as I really like star wars, it's not transformers and therefore my advice is Metroplex, but the above needs to be considered. I have Fortress Maximus as well, I got it out of the box, changed its modes a couple times and then put it back in the box in the cupboard because there was no-where to display it without it getting in the way. this might be the biggest issue with city formers. Of course if they came out with a Titan Trypticon I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    Space is no issue. Metroplex will definitely be the centre of my display but in our new flat I've dedicated one whole wall of my office to TFs so he'll be fine.

See your point about geometry and sizes of the shuttle -it could look pretty now but I think down the road or could have a higher chance of being annoying to play with.

I found some pictures of deluxe figures with Metroplex and even they don't look out of place.

the only thing the shuttle is doing well for me is the whole "cool space ship that drops in from orbit and turns into a command centre" it feels very "Axalon" from beast wars.
    In every other aspect Metroplex wins.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd love to see an image of Metroplex next to a baby. But here's my Metroplex next to my then-four-year-old daughter.

Good lord that is enormous! I think Duce Biggalow summed it up best: "That's a huge b***"

Also that pic of Metroplex sitting on a Frakking shelf and counselling Prime is awesome.
    Last edited by griffin; 14th November 2014 at 12:14 AM. Reason: edited quote due to the original needing to be changed

All this talk about Metroplex and the photos is making me want to take him out of the box... no no I must resist the urge to ruin his minty goodness! Or perhaps just cave and buy another one to display out of the box... Well there is a decision I need to make haha.