View Poll Results: How do you rate the FOC game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

28 65.12%
  • Good

10 23.26%
  • Passable

3 6.98%
  • Terrible

2 4.65%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Game Review - Fall of Cybertron

I gotta admit -- I jumped on the first two DLC packs really quick -- bought them ASAP. Seeing Yanks running around with Dinobot skins a day or so before they were available here made me angsty. But I find that I'm kinda over DLCs now. I guess reasons may include:
    1) They don't really bring anything new to the characters I play, other than visual aesthetics. Which wouldn't be so bad if these DLCs weren't $15 a pop.
    2) Too busy saving my coin for Hasbro's MP10!

I guess I'll get around to getting the latest pack eventually but I'm in no hurry for it like I was with the first two packs. But I feared that seeing Yanks running around with the new skins would make me cave - but today I saw Insecticons and Hounds running about and ... I wasn't tempted. The novelty of DLCs seems to have worn off on me now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I gotta admit -- I jumped on the first two DLC packs really quick -- bought them ASAP. Seeing Yanks running around with Dinobot skins a day or so before they were available here made me angsty. But I find that I'm kinda over DLCs now. I guess reasons may include:
    1) They don't really bring anything new to the characters I play, other than visual aesthetics. Which wouldn't be so bad if these DLCs weren't $15 a pop.
    2) Too busy saving my coin for Hasbro's MP10!

I guess I'll get around to getting the latest pack eventually but I'm in no hurry for it like I was with the first two packs. But I feared that seeing Yanks running around with the new skins would make me cave - but today I saw Insecticons and Hounds running about and ... I wasn't tempted. The novelty of DLCs seems to have worn off on me now.
    I did that back on WFC, bought both packs for 15.95 each when they were first released, checking them now on psn they are at 7.95 each I'm just going to wait for half price or a bundle, but i dont feel the need for dlc as i've attained platinum and now running through other games that i've yet to finish.

Yeh, I think they went a bit overboard with the DLC out so soon for this. Oh and the ridiculous price, I mean $14 for four models on the first two, and they are only for multiplayer.

I'll admit I was tempted by the Dinobot, they do look really nice, but sheesh, the price was a bit high! I think even 10 is a bit much TBH. The part that annoys me most though is that they are mostly in the game in the first place, bar Magnus, hound and Wheeljack (although their parts could be used for generic bots).

i have been having serious freezing issues, whether its single player or multiplayer, online or offline. Its at the point of being not playable. i've played other games with no problems at all.

very very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post
    i have been having serious freezing issues, whether its single player or multiplayer, online or offline. Its at the point of being not playable. i've played other games with no problems at all.

very very frustrating
    What platform? However no one else that I know of has experienced these issues so if you are using a PC, it could be that your graphics card drivers are too old (or the card is about to pop). If it's a console, perhaps you need a software update or your HDD could be going bad.

Keeping in mind that I'm a total gaming noob -- could someone please explain to me what Host Migration is about?

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post

very very frustrating
    I have had that as well, although not as much recently. Probably due to me not playing it as much more than anything else.

PS3

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Keeping in mind that I'm a total gaming noob -- could someone please explain to me what Host Migration is about?
    For Multiplayer & Escalation, the person instigating a game is labelled as "the host". Even though the game isn't being hosted at their home/console, the Playstation Servers make it so that the game "belongs" to that person who instigated it... so if that person logs off or has a connection drop-out, it would terminate the game and kick off everyone else in it (meaning a loss of points and time to your score).

Host migration was introduced to not terminate the game when the instigator leaves - instead, it would then shift the hosting status to someone else... allowing for the game to continue.

Personally, I don't understand why a game needs to be "hosted" by an individual if the Playstation Server is actually hosting the game. Maybe it's just the way they originally wrote the programming... and can't/won't change it to avoid the need for host migration. (seems like the wrong sort of fix to a problem they didn't need to have in the first place)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I have had that as well, although not as much recently. Probably due to me not playing it as much more than anything else.

PS3
    I haven't tried it in days now, I just don't wanna be disappointed.

PS3