Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall of Cyberton guides, tips, unlockables, easter eggs & glitches

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As if anyone would work all the way up to Prime Mode and NOT select it.
    It takes many hours & days to earn the points to get to Prime Mode, and would often be one of the last trophies/achievements to gain... who would go all that way and not select Prime Mode.

But the point I was making was, why have a trophy, a SILVER one at that, just for pressing a button to select Prime Mode. That's not an achievement. Building up the four size classes is, which rightly earns a trophy... but then they just "give away" a Silver trophy for pressing a single button. You have to complete the entire campaign on "normal" to earn a Silver, or spend hours finding all Audiofiles, or even earn enough energon to buy all weapons and upgrades.
    It just doesn't make any sense to waste a Silver on something that requires no effort to do. (in my opinion... )
    Because starting over really hurts. You don't have the better weapons and abilities and the upgrades unlock progressively up to level 25. I started dying a lot more after I went Prime and its very tedious re-leveling just to get the better stuff.

Considering the small playerbase, most are just casually playing and probably don't have the time to get Prime and re-level. The way you earn experience is kind of harsh too - i think its based on number of kills and your own number of deaths, so most of the unskilled people playing MP would get very little exp.

In campaign, you don't have to start again from the very beginning, its all unlocked and you're free to play it however you wish whereas in MP, you're forced to commit to restarting from zero with nothing good.

A useful tip - sideways dash is really the only way to defeat a lot of opponents on "hard" setting. Just keep avoiding their attacks & weapons, and progressively wear them down from a distance. A bit like how you have to defeat the Leapers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Yea I think the glitch happened after I fell off a ledge and used the hook to get back up and somehow managed to grapple through the ledge to get above it. Then when I fell in the green stuff for good this time, it glitched and then I was above again, then straight back under the green stuff to fall endlessly. Was going to see what would happen if I left it, but I wanted to keep playing so I restarted from the last checkpoint
    After playing the level a number of times now, I'm thinking it isn't a glitch... more of an intentional "Second chance", giving you time to grapple your way back up.
    It's a bit like the start of the Swindle level, which has Blast Off flying past, and you can grapple onto him whenever you feel like it.

After playing the level a number of times now, I'm thinking it isn't a glitch... more of an intentional "Second chance", giving you time to grapple your way back up.
    It's a bit like the start of the Swindle level, which has Blast Off flying past, and you can grapple onto him whenever you feel like it.
    Same happens in the flying cargo thing with Swindle, jump off the edge and Swindle will grapple himself back to the ship. Sometimes occasionally saying "that was close" etc

Interesting thing here. If you make it to a section, then go back to a previous section and fall off, you will grapple back to the farthest point. So, after blowing the first engine right at the start of Combaticons combine, make your way to the next section where you encounter the first batch of Autobots, then retreat back to the Teletraan 1 machine back at the start of the level and jump off the edge. Swindle will Grapple back, but will be in the section with the Autobots, not where you jumped off.

As for glitches, I get random crashing which needs a power off and usually that long annoying system check and reboot afterwards. I haven't had any other game crash so much on me on ps3. It's annoying!!

I haven't had it crash in the last few days, but am getting bugged by HD loading pausing the game from time to time.

A "glitch" of sorts I wanted to mention as well is an audio one - if someone is talking to your character in the campaign, make sure you are facing them, because if you turn away, even slightly, there's silence (on the PS3 at least). On some occasions I'm off looking around for stuff and then suddenly realise that someone was talking, but missed most of it.
    I know there isn't really anything required in what other characters tell you, but it makes the story more interesting to hear tid-bits of what is going on around you. (like the Audiologs - those were a GREAT way to tell a lot of the "story" in this Universe/game, without the game being bogged down by narration or speeches by other characters... an excellent gimmick making it them hidden trophy/achievements that don't get in the way of playing out the game itself)

With grimlock I was moving fast towards the door with swoop to enter the next section. I went through the door and became stuck betweeen two doors with enough room to only rotate. Had to turn off and on.

The game froze with grimlock at another point had to restart again.

With 360 if you turn away from the bot talking the voice becomes quieter.

Where all of starscreams statues? I destroyed four of them

The whole grapple mechanic, including the "second chance", was very similar to Batman's grapple move in Arkham City I thought.

I had a weird glitch in the opening level. Bumblebee ended up with his legs in the floor. He could move around the level fine, but everything was at a lower than usual perspective because his legs were basically not there. It wasn't until I could transform that he reset to his proper height.

Something slightly relate, but not needing a new topic... an updated timeline, which doesn't much anyway, or does it?.
    (a possible hint at the next game?)

I think that timeline had a hint about "The Journey" from their WFC site after that was released.

To be honest though, I'd be VERY surprised not to see another one considering how impressive the reviews have been for this one. Now we just have to see of good reviews = good sales, which they don't always do (Okami by Capcom for example).

Found a bit of an Easter eggs I guess. In SOundwave's lab, if you look behind Megatron's body towards the conveyor belts, on the right hand side, there is a litt robot running along, always managing to stay away from the edge and the crushers.

Also for the I am Robot Master, trophy, you need to destroy all Starscream images, that means Statues AND monitors as well.

With my audiologs now all collected, I noticed that two of them are the same. Is this meant to happen? It is the one where the dcon talks about shockwave and his insecticon pets. Last audiolog in Cut and Run and the last audiolog in Starscreams Betrayal.

Is this a glitch, should they be different to eachother???