Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australian toy dealer selling KO toys?

Default Australian toy dealer selling KO toys?

Although there are a couple of genuine transformer items listed, this new toy dealer (who advertises through facebook) seems to be selling a whole range of KO toys....

not as KO toys, though, of course. "Reissues"

http://www.uncletonystoys.com.au/TRANSFORMERS_c_56.html
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Although there are a couple of genuine transformer items listed, this new toy dealer (who advertises through facebook) seems to be selling a whole range of KO toys....

not as KO toys, though, of course. "Reissues"

http://www.uncletonystoys.com.au/TRANSFORMERS_c_56.html
    Sickening, more KOs flooding the market. And this time it's domestic

I reported them here

http://www.counterfeit.com.au/report...ts_online.html

Just to see if I get a response.

EDIT: I also emailed 'uncle tony' just to see what he says.

Oh good I look forward to dealing with them. My son loves grimlock And I'm not going to let him trash a real one. Its fun to watch your kids be able to rip into a g1bot like I did as a kid without trashing a real one that would be tragic. Sure we all know by now what's real and what's not now. L

Ridiculous prices for those KOs....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Well yeah they are a bit expensive think i will stick with my dealer in china.

Sorry if I didn't make this clear, but I wasn't actually recommending anyone buy off him, or recommending him as a seller. I really don't know anything about him, but what I found irksome was that they were being misrepresented as reissues and not clearly counterfeited items.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I notice that he doesn't list the knock off tfs on his ebay store either. What a prick with those prices and wording on his site.. Same with those Voltron toys as well.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

Sadly, with you hard core fans buying every toy in bulk and seeing them in 'how many vechicons does it take to change a lightbulb', leaves us newer and isolated fans to the KOs. It makes getting the real thing near impossible, and sometimes a KO is better than nothing. Thank God for the aniversery reissues they did, but thats just a small offering. And you lot throw a shit over them too. I say, if you can find the real toy, then go for it and educated you own kids in showing respect for objects and others. If your stuck with a reissue or KO then aim your anger at the people who brought in bulk without thinking about the future generations.
    And those prices are too high for KOs, pay less for a KO and keep your expensive buying for a real toy, even if its got missing parts.
    In short, try to avoid a KO but don't go dissing people who are forced to get them because of bulk buyers.

As noted above, this wasn't to criticise KOs or the people who buy them (some people need them, some people despise them).... this topic was only about a legitimate toy store in Australia, who would face much heftier penalties, is listing fakes as "Reissue", which is an official Transformers product term (making it very deceptive, and illegal, for labelling fake toys with official/registered toy names). People on ebay do it because it is a waste of time prosecuting them, but a registered business is risking big dollar fines, or even jail time.
    If they were clearly listed as KOs or fakes, there wouldn't have been as big a deal about it. It'd still be illegal (especially for a registered business to do it), but it wouldn't be trying to fool customers into thinking it was a real Hasbro product.

(I was just thinking last night - it's ironic to realise that the major toy companies (Lego, Hasbro, Mattel) would more likely prioritise finding ways to prevent people from buying the (cheaper) online toys from other countries, than they would care about stopping MORE illegal counterfeit (vintage) toys sold in Australia, because the sale of those would have no impact on their excessive profits)