I was just reading all the comments in another thread about the announced Transformers 4. Many, many of the collective groans and apprehensions about it of course are to do problems with the last 3 films. The most popular ones include:

* Transformers having no character development and being used as big props
* Awful human acting
* Convuluted plots and too much emphasis on explosions and special effects

Then I was thinking of the reaction so many of my friends - even non-TF or gaming friends - had when I showed them the first promo clip of Fall of Cybertron. Nearly the universal reaction was 'Why don't they make a movie like that?' As the resident expert in my circle they expected a lengthy and detailed answer and all I could say was "I don't know - I wish they would!'

Well, why in the name of Primus could we not have another animated movie? Wouldn't that solve all our and the studios problems?

Examples:
Transformers having no character development and being used as big props
There would be absolutely no extra expense with having the majority (if not all - please let it be all!) of the action and scenes be full of Transformers rather than humans, thus the extra screen time being used to flesh out the characters

Awful human acting
No humans! Or at least just as cannon fodder (maybe then I would not mind them having Daniel heh heh) Hell, the whole movie could be on Cybertron or in outer space!

Convuluted plots and too much emphasis on explosions and special effects
Make the plot fit the bots in question, not the other way around and not with half of it being about a boys romance or his nutty mother. And the explosions would take a hell of a lot less effort being drawn or done with CGI then Michael Bay spending months figuring out how to make a street blow up, therefore may be treated with less vital importance. (The entirity of Moon Base 1 blowing up was a matter of seconds - not minutes, in the 86 movie)

Now this is not to say they still could not do another live-action movie. Personally I loved the 1st, didn't mind the 3rd and just tried to think of the Optimus/Megatron forest fight scene of the 2nd and how cool I thought Ravage looked. So I'm happy for them to make a 4th (though if Bay falls in the shower and can't do it himself between now and then I wont complain) and considering the last one was the 4th highest grossing movie ever made it's inevitable. But think of how well Hasbro and the studio's could shut up us annoying, whinging fans if they gave us a G1 or FoC styled animated movie to be going on with! Every time we complained they could go 'Well, we gave you what you wanted in an animated movie - just go watch that!'

So what do people think - could the powers that be be convinced to go down this road? And is it a good idea in general?

(P.S: As usual I will put in the apology if this thread has been done before )