View Poll Results: FOC Combaticons - worth buying?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • All yes

24 63.16%
  • Only some or one

3 7.89%
  • None are worth it

8 21.05%
  • Not even interested

3 7.89%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations FOC Combaticons wave

On screen accuracy and aesthetics are key for me so I'll be leaving this one on the shelf. It does look fun though, like Fisher Price and Hasbro got together to make a combiner for kids just about to enter their teens. "I'm all grown up naow!"

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't even get what these colours are meant to be. Are they meant to be G2?? If so... why does Vortex have Swindle's G2 colours and Swindle seems to have Onslaught's and Onslaught seems to have his G1 colours... and I don't know why Vortex is purple. Although Swindle's colours are kinda reminiscent of Binaltech Swindle... Brawl is the only one who seems to be sporting his proper G2 colours.
    Nope.
    Apparently the colour scheme is (loosely) based on Energon Bruticus Maximus.

Energon Bruticus then... hmmm, at least we have a possible explanation to the odd choice of colours. Better than just "random because bright colours are eye-catching to the kids & parents".

I grabbed the cheaper G2 colour set pre order off Amazon but I've canned it off now.

The reduction in size and quality of Deluxes has really killed off my interest in main line retail releases
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Oh gawd... that looks AWFUL! It's G2 accurate, but awful! (cos G2 colours were awful! ) A case of be careful what you wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Energon Bruticus then... hmmm, at least we have a possible explanation to the odd choice of colours. Better than just "random because bright colours are eye-catching to the kids & parents".
    ^agree.
    Either way they're awful colours, but at least it makes sense now.

Oh gawd... that looks AWFUL! It's G2 accurate, but awful! (cos G2 colours were awful! ) A case of be careful what you wish for!
    I like it. It's big, it's bold, it's sassy!

Hey guys, don't forget that Brawl's cannons are meant to lock into the two slots in leg mode.

Anyway, I tried recombining the limbs around. I found that Vortex isn't good as a leg... is there a better way to form a more stable foot? (I was playing w/ my toys outside, so I didn't have the instructions on me) -- I find that Blast Off works well as a foot and Swindle is better as an arm. Swindle as a leg bugs me because the front panel keeps disconnecting, but as an arm it doesn't need to connect. He's also not as "overlengthed" as Blast Off is when he's an arm. Brawl as an arm... he's okay, but I find his leg mode more solid. But there's nothing wrong with his arm mode as such. So yeah, so far I'm finding the best combination is Vortex and Swindle as arms, and Brawl and Blast Off as legs.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...-img_2589r.jpg

I haven't received my G2 version yet (so I can't comment on the plastics) but I think the colours look great. Much better than the retail version.

But I would like to say that I choose to embrace the positives that FoC Bruticus brings. We get a combiner set made up of 5 individual figures (each with bot and alt modes). Plus each limb is interchangeable. And can be left or right arms! And the guns combine.
    I'm stoked that Hasbro gave it a go. Sure there is room for improvement (there always is) but this could have been worse. For a start they could've not made it at all. Everyone would complain about that!
    Are we asking a little too much for each figure to be "perfect?" Are we too jaded. Are our expectations too high? There never seems to be any "perfect" figures - usually there is always some flaw that fans pick up on.
    I have figures that don't have all the articulation they could/should have. And they don't transform into an arm. Or a leg. Or combine with other figures. I can find a flaw with everyone of my figures. But I still love them and I'm glad that they were made.

/rant
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I just got contacted by www.bigbadtoystore.com today that my G2 Bruticus set was finally in and getting ready to be shipped. It was $61 + $32 postage which means it still averages out at $18.60 per bot which is cheaper than the regular ones in the shops. Once I get it will look at the quality for myself and see if it warrants getting Swindle, Brawl & Onslaught from the shops who are at least remotely coloured like their G1 counterparts.