View Poll Results: FOC Combaticons - worth buying?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • All yes

24 63.16%
  • Only some or one

3 7.89%
  • None are worth it

8 21.05%
  • Not even interested

3 7.89%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations FOC Combaticons wave

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Supreme View Post
    That's for the Wreaker team repaints isn't it?
    Has to be.

Yea it'd have to be. Hasbro have done it before. I just noticed him, but the other's instructions have the correct head. I'll still buy the repaints I reckon.

Still, having a Classics Whirl is kind of cool although he would be a bit short for my liking. I am tempted by the Headrobots set.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    OMG, I just had a play with the G2 version of this set and they are as cheap as sh*t!

Plastic feels KO quality or near, designs are mediocre at best with a lot of lazy shortcuts that compromise the figure. Very poor effort overall and it has really killed any ideas I had of getting the game colored accurate version since this molds are not even worth the relatively cheaper price of the G2 set.

It's not that I have been spoiled by higher quality 3rd party stuff, these guys are crap even by Hasbro's own standards of just a f few years ago. Even the Energon combiners have better built and design value at an individual figure level. At least I like the new combiner ports, they seem more secure and innovative.

They were better in their cool G2 box!
    ^totally agree. I don't even collect third party stuff, so from my POV, looking at it purely from Hasbro's own standards, these toys fall short. In hindsight I wish that I'd held out for the G2 set -- the limb-bots look nicer (not sure about Onslaught, his G2 colours have always sucked), nice box and works out cheaper than collecting the regular versions individually... but that ship has sailed for me, and I'm not about to buy ANOTHER version of what I consider to be a really ordinary set of toys, no matter how nice the colours are.

I have Onslaught, Swindle and Vortex, but if I want the other two it'll cost me an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I have Onslaught, Swindle and Vortex, but if I want the other two it'll cost me an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^totally agree. I don't even collect third party stuff, so from my POV, looking at it purely from Hasbro's own standards, these toys fall short. In hindsight I wish that I'd held out for the G2 set -- the limb-bots look nicer (not sure about Onslaught, his G2 colours have always sucked), nice box and works out cheaper than collecting the regular versions individually... but that ship has sailed for me, and I'm not about to buy ANOTHER version of what I consider to be a really ordinary set of toys, no matter how nice the colours are.
    You're still keen though. I refuse to pay for 1 set of what is, according to the general consensus, a crap toy (or 5).
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Bruticus is back on Amazon for $59 if anyone wants it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You're still keen though. I refuse to pay for 1 set of what is, according to the general consensus, a crap toy (or 5).
    What kills me more is that I do want the game colored set because I did like his appearance in the game. It's a shame that I can't justify it because it is so over priced for such crappy molds.

I received my G2 one and the standard generations one but haven't got either out of the packaging yet. I wonder if there is a difference in quality of plastic between the two sets. I can see why people are disappointed in the individual bots without getting them out but hopefully I'll be happy with them when I do release them.

I was wondering when it would return to being in-stock at Amazon, if people were cancelling their pre-orders just to buy the local release here and from BBTS.