Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saintly's absence.

I think it would be something in their fine print. They are only offering compensation of $15 per kilo, and if your luggage was worth any more, it should have been insured. Actually, now that I think of it, this should have been covered in his travel insurance, that every travel agent makes you buy when booking overseas travel. I'll have to ask him about that one. Depending on the fine print of the policy, it should cover lost luggage up to its value, rather than a set price per kilo like the airline is offering.

Saintly should be compensated for more than just the market value of the toys. He'll have to spend time going through the hunting process again.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Saintly should be compensated for more than just the market value of the toys. He'll have to spend time going through the hunting process again.
    As if Air Zealand would give a sh#t about a missing box of toys...

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    As if Air Zealand would give a sh#t about a missing box of toys...
    It doesn't matter if its toys, gold or manure. They were responsible for it and lost it. They should pay for it.

i'm sure if there's travel insurance and that Saintly has receipt/proofs, he's sure to be refunded a certain amount. however, the $$ doesn't matter now as those toys are so precious to each and everyone of us.

Boy is this ever a lesson to be learned to be sure I carry travel insurance if I'm going somewhere to buy goodies.

My great condolences Saintly. i hope you got insurance.

I know it's not always possible, but whenever i travel with goods of value i make sure they're in my cabin luggage instead and still under lock and key. Problem is it can get a bit squishy in the cabin storage sometimes...

I carry valuables in a carry on backpack, which goes under the seat in fron - and usually I step on one of the straps during flight. Not that I'm paranoid or anything!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It doesn't matter if its toys, gold or manure.
    I knew I should of insured that manure from my last holiday

In all seriousness it is sad. Not sure about funds at the moment but I would like to be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I know it's not always possible, but whenever i travel with goods of value i make sure they're in my cabin luggage instead and still under lock and key. Problem is it can get a bit squishy in the cabin storage sometimes...
    Most years I do try to do that, but recently those darn huge box-set boxes and 12-14 convention toys, makes it impossible to get everything into the carry-on bag now (in addition to all the stuff I buy while there).

And I usually do what dirge does - having it infront of me (under the seat) with a foot on some part of it to reassure me it is still there. It's also for security of what someone may slip into the bag (unsuspecting drug mule), as well as out of it, if you fall asleep and someone gets to your bag in the overhead compartment.