Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Saintly's absence.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And I usually do what dirge does - having it infront of me (under the seat) with a foot on some part of it to reassure me it is still there. It's also for security of what someone may slip into the bag (unsuspecting drug mule), as well as out of it, if you fall asleep and someone gets to your bag in the overhead compartment.
    Man, I am too trusting. I know it's been a few years since I've flown internationally but the vibe sure has changed.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Most years I do try to do that, but recently those darn huge box-set boxes and 12-14 convention toys, makes it impossible to get everything into the carry-on bag now (in addition to all the stuff I buy while there).

And I usually do what dirge does - having it infront of me (under the seat) with a foot on some part of it to reassure me it is still there. It's also for security of what someone may slip into the bag (unsuspecting drug mule), as well as out of it, if you fall asleep and someone gets to your bag in the overhead compartment.
    Registered USPS? I still don't get why people don't do that.
    ________
    Harley-davidson fxef
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:54 AM.

I think it is just the cost factor - you shouldn't have to be paying a fortune on posting back heavy boxes of toys, when your plane ticket has the cost of two items factored into it. But reliability is probably a necessary added expense these days.

Last year, I had 3 pieces of 'carry on'.
    A large backpack (most of the toys wrapped in clothing), a plastic bag (passports & other important docs), and the box set (which got its own seat for part of the flight). All the dirty clothing got posted back in a large box.

STL, I do the same for domestic flights. There are oppurtunists out there who will steal _anything_ given the chance, in the hope they get something valuable.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I fly to Melbourne quite regularly, and I always take carry-on luggage (toys included)! It feels better to know that your stuff is there with you - plus you don't have to wait for ages at the luggage collection point!