Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TF4 story premise and major characters revealed

How many times can Bay be given the benefit of the doubt only to erase it

Considering there is pretty much no info, the reactions in this thread start off funny but quickly become sad.

And, really, if you think that "a high school girl" in this movie will be younger than 17 or 18 you're mad--they love to do that "growing up, being strong, looking to the future" story in Hollywood, and they love to do it with people justt about to leave High School. Kind of surprised a possible age difference of 4 - 10 years is raising hackles.

As long as whoever is cast in the end acts better than the mannequin that replaced Fox, the romance can be between an 18 and 50 year old for all I care.

Apparently Mark Wahlberg is in talks with Bay about a part in TF4... hopefully a small part.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Considering there is pretty much no info, the reactions in this thread start off funny but quickly become sad.

And, really, if you think that "a high school girl" in this movie will be younger than 17 or 18 you're mad--they love to do that "growing up, being strong, looking to the future" story in Hollywood, and they love to do it with people justt about to leave High School. Kind of surprised a possible age difference of 4 - 10 years is raising hackles.

As long as whoever is cast in the end acts better than the mannequin that replaced Fox, the romance can be between an 18 and 50 year old for all I care.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There hasn't been much announced yet, so wait until we have a plot or specific details before bagging it.

It has been noted that some of it could be filmed in London/England, as a casting call was found mentioning London as a location.
    Michael Bay is a formulaic director so anyone who has seen the previous three movies (specially the last two) should know fairly well what the 4th movie will be like.

Some people may love or hate Bay's movies but let's not fool ourselves that it will be any different this time around. Already what little has been revealed is beginning to sound awfully familiar despite the 'new take' promises.

I'd rather hear people saying "I told you so" afterwards if he does produce something trashy... than spoil it for those people who actually like his movies and feel ostracised by their fellow collectors here.
    Wait until after we have the movie, to criticise... for the sake of your fellow fans who don't want to see constant negativity here.

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'd rather hear people saying "I told you so" afterwards if he does produce something trashy... than spoil it for those people who actually like his movies and feel ostracised by their fellow collectors here.
    Wait until after we have the movie, to criticise... for the sake of your fellow fans who don't want to see constant negativity here.
    Exactly! And people wonder why some members don't contribute to the forum.

I can understand how people that still have a positive opinion about the films can feel a little daunted at posting up their views with a large number of us having a negative view (well at least the vocal majority). I would be more than happy for this next film to change my opinion of Michael Bays Directing but unfortunately his track record speaks for itself (I did actually like the first film). If people have a positive opinion of the films and the upcoming film they should voice it. Someones personal point of view is never wrong as it is how they perceive things. One last thing, I would never comment on age difference of the love interest as I'd be the biggest hypocrite around

well.... for me, I cant wait to see TF4.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
    Exactly! And people wonder why some members don't contribute to the forum.
    Most of this site is rather positive/inviting/encouraging, or else people wouldn't keep coming back, saying that it is a better atmosphere than the major/global fan forums. We do have a small number nagging negative issues that are emphasised by a vocal minority (which I try to hose down as much as possible), but if you fixate on those couple of issues instead of the majority of good topics/issues, you will only spoil it for yourself and others by highlighting them.