Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings and salutations

Default Greetings and salutations

Hi everyone,

I've been a long-time fan of Transformers (I remember renting the animated movie when they stopped showing the G1 cartoons on TV) but only started collecting recently, when it basically hit me that I can now afford those toys I'd been wanting when I was younger.

As an intro, here are favourites #1 and #2 in my collection:

Worth every cent.

Welcome to OTCA. I agree that those 2 you have picked out are excellent examples of how awesome this hobby can be.

So what other lines (if any) do you collect beside masterpieces?

What about the rest of your collection? Doesn't matter how big or small it is, throw a few pics of it up.

We look forward to your contributions.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yeah, those Legends Class figures are pretty awesome! Btw, you know that Megatron's designed to be held by the Masterpiece Seekers in gun mode, right? (at least, by the old ones - not sure if the hands on the new mould has the same palm slots for the pegs to clip into).

Woah, Goki that is cool. Anyway, nice to meet ya see.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Btw, you know that Megatron's designed to be held by the Masterpiece Seekers in gun mode, right?
    Yeah, MP-11 starscream has the same hand so he can do it too:

I thought that was cool when I first heard of it. However, in person, it's not that great. Not only is Megatron comically oversized (which I don't mind so much considering he's meant to transform into a robot the same height as Starscream), but it's really Starscream's thumb doing all the holding, so you have to angle Megatron in to get the thumb deep enough into the groove to hold:

Personally, I prefer to display Megatron sitting on Starscream's shoulder. It's as if Megatron's ghost is representing the niggling self-doubt that causes Starscream to repeat his bumbling mistakes and prevents him from rising up to be the great Decepticon leader he can be.

Or, you can view it as a parrot Starscream had created after Megatron's death to mock his former leader and reinforce his contempt for Megatron. Which is probably more in line with the Starscream we actually got in the G1 series, rather than the Starscream I wanted him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So what other lines (if any) do you collect beside masterpieces?
    I don't constrain myself to any lines, though so far my collection has mostly been CHUG since I prefer the mecha look to Animated's exaggerated curves or Bayverse's robot birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    What about the rest of your collection? Doesn't matter how big or small it is, throw a few pics of it up.
    I've always been meaning to take photos of my collection once it "stabilises"...but then there's always another cool figure on the way.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Btw, you know that Megatron's designed to be held by the Masterpiece Seekers in gun mode, right? (at least, by the old ones - not sure if the hands on the new mould has the same palm slots for the pegs to clip into).
    He was doing a comedic pose, like they are playing with toys... so is probably well aware of them holding Megatron in gun mode if he is creative enough in doing comedic poses. You made it sound like you were instructing him on how a toy is "intended" to be played.
    Last edited by griffin; 21st October 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Welcome to OZformers!!!

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Hi and welcome to the forum, you will find lots of great fans here with fantastic collections.

seespotrun: I apologise if you took offence to my last post.

Welcome to the boards !!!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast