View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

Yeah and almost all my G1 rubber tyres are fine too. They had good rubber. Same with car robots its just my rid versions that suffer. But my original G1 Bumblebee tyres kinda melted over time.

All I was saying if it had the rubber and even chrome its just more to worrie about. Those two things I love on a transformer. But some times its those things that cause trouble down the road 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I just can't decide which mode (alt or robot) looks better!
    This is my main issue too....

But remember, especially with this masterpiece line, in vehicle mode, it is just a model car...

Transformed him today. He's a great piece.
    Really hope we get a Sunstreaker to accompany him.

Im feeling a little slow. I just found two extra black flaps for the inside of his lower legs. Sure does help keep his legs together :rolleyes

I've been playing with mine a bit, the colour matching and paint aps could be better, but it's all pretty minor on mine.

He's bigger than I expected to, standing about the same height as Voyager toys like Powerdive and Classics Prime. And he definitely has an MP feel even if he does lack die cast and rubber tyres.

Also his smaller size and interesting but not to complex transformation make him a lot more fun to play with than some of the older MP's.

All in all I'm more impressed than I expected, and now I want MP Sunstreaker.

I'm really impressed by MP Lambor. The size is not even a problem once you open the box and hold it. The alt mode is just so dam sexy, it's like a diecast model, only plastic
    The transformation was such a breeze and you can tell that the designers have learned lessons from other lines such as Alternity and Binaltech. Where Alternity was a menace with tiny moving parts everything in Lambor is smooth and almost fluid in the way things fold and move. Plastic wheels, no biggy most won't even notice because the rim design is muscular. I have all of the MP Moulds and I am going to put it out there, maybe the best yet. Megatron was a nervous breakdown in a box. Rodimus might as well be a statue, you can't touch him because it's such a floppy misaligned mess. The original seekers can't stand and v2 Starscream is Hasbro colored plastic. The Original Optimus alt mode is brick on wheels and V2 is debt inducing. Grimlock and Sideswipe are the standouts so far.
    My only gripe with Lambor is the lack of foot movement parallel to the shin, no striding poses. For $55 to $70 depending where you get Lambor, it's a good example of the Masterpiece series.
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

The square chest and limited paint apps makes me think more of the Actionmaster version than the Gen1 version.
    Disappointed about the hollow legs, but all up, it isn't too bad.

From the comparison thread...

From left - Worlds Smallest, Actionmaster, Gen1, Classicverse, Masterpiece, Binaltech.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The square chest and limited paint apps makes me think more of the Actionmaster version than the Gen1 version.
    I'm pretty sure that's because both the Action Master and the robot mode of this toy were meant to be based on his Marvel/Sunbow character model rather than 1984 toy, (which would also be why this one doesn't have wheels on his shoulders, but Masterpiece Red Alert does.)

Yeah I noticed Red Alerts fake shoulder wheels too, they really have gone all out to make them look like the old animated versions this time. I'm particularly impressed by the way Sideswipes back folds up to mirror his cartoon look.

I particularly like the new head sculpt on the MP. Looking at the Sideswipe line up above, it feels like he is a character who Hasbro and Takara seem to mess up at least in terms of looks, Classics has a sad upset face, and Binaltech has put on a bit of weight and looks upset about it, but this time I think they got him right.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

MP Sideswipe finally arrived, emerging from the abyss of temporarily lost packages.

Haven't Transformed him yet, but I've done okay, paint-wise. Some areas of streaking, some of insufficient coverage (the black parts on the door aren't fully blocked in on my right).

There's also a wonky line on the windshield strut.

Overall, it's fine. I was expecting the worst, so this was a pleasant surprise.

The hood is clean, and that was my main concern, as he'll be in robot mod permanently, so all eyes will be on it.

No pile drivers or coin. (They had the piledrivers available at $16 a set, no coins made available) Annoyed I now have to pay $15 to get the coin off eBay though.