View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

Those Hot Rod and Lambor pics have got me curious...how does he look next to Rodimus in space-winnebago mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Fair points to be sure. He's still tiny though.
    Which I think isn't necessarily a bad thing per se, but depends on the price you can get the toy for. At full RRP of 6000JPY ($75), I think it's a bit rich. I paid about $53 which is about the same price as a Binaltech (or $8 more expensive than an Alternator), which I find is a good price considering that Voyagers retail here for $50 -- compared to say a full priced FoC Soundwave/Soundblaster, I think MP Sideswipe offers more bang for your buck at around the fifty-something dollar mark. But beyond that price range and especially approaching full RRP, I don't know if the price is worth it. And to be honest, I would be mighty surprised if the Hasbro version ended up selling here for less than $60... not initially anyway (unless it shelf warms and TRUs are forced to reduce prices).

Another benefit of the smaller size/weight is that postage is pretty damn cheap -- about $14 to ship the toy individually, or even cheaper if you ship it in bulk with other toys. I had mine shipped to me with some Arms Microns figures to save money on postage per figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Those Hot Rod and Lambor pics have got me curious...how does he look next to Rodimus in space-winnebago mode?
    Good question. My Takara MP-9 is packed away though. Will try and do it this week.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't get the price comparisons between him and a BT.

The line's been dead for ages, and had a successor line, which was much smaller.

Imagine the cost of a brand-new-mold BT figure nowadays?

That increases the value some (Sizewise it's a good comparison. Complexity is personal taste, but I prefer Sideswipe to any Alternity figure).

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    That increases the value some (Sizewise it's a good comparison. Complexity is personal taste, but I prefer Sideswipe to any Alternity figure).
    Tru Dat
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

My gripes are similar to others - would have preferred rubber tyres for an MP. My Sideswipe also has inconsistent paint apps, some around edges and corners are downright messy. Takara's MP-10 was immaculate in this regard so I was a little disappointed.

Scale and complexity of design and transformation was very good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    As requested, pics with MP-9 added to this post
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I got mine a few days ago. I have to say I quite like him, though the cost vs size thing threw me a bit. Even with reading other peoples reviews I don't think I realized how small he would be. I love all the little details and the fact he has piledrivers that can attach. I was dissapointed they could not figure out how to put a jetpack in, as even though you only saw it once when he handed it over to Optimus in the cartoon, he did fly in a fair few episodes. I don't think I have had the colour issues others have had, the red on mine seems pretty uniform. While I am very glad I got him, I think I will have to think twice on spending the same money on Red Alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    As requested, pics with MP-9 added to this post
    Cheers dude.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I was waiting for either a price drop once initial demand died down or news of a Hasbro release before making a decision to buy. In fact, the opposite happened, at least on eBay - you're lucky if you can get Sideswipe for less than $100 on eBay, now, and there's still no news of a Hasbro release...

I agree with what everyone's been saying about him - paint is a bit iffy (mine has bubbling under the paint in a couple of places, as if the plastic underneath had something on it/wasn't cleaned properly), and rubber tyres would have been nice, but otherwise, it's a good figure, packing a complex transformation into a relatively clean alternate mode. That said, I'm not sure how many more figures I'll be buying at this price point, as the $80-90 I saw Sideswipe go for on eBay when it first came out is pretty much at the edge of what I would consider 'value for money'.