Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: ToysRUS (USA) now shipping internationally

Typical - I was going to cancel my pre-order of Grimlock & Blaster from BBTS as it seems absolutely everywhere has gotten these toys in before them, and then order them from Toys R Us instead. But for some reason you can get Grimlock delivered but not Blaster . It's weird that BBTS have had Blasters discs/cassettes in for a forntight but still no Blaster himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Typical - I was going to cancel my pre-order of Grimlock & Blaster from BBTS as it seems absolutely everywhere has gotten these toys in before them, and then order them from Toys R Us instead. But for some reason you can get Grimlock delivered but not Blaster . It's weird that BBTS have had Blasters discs/cassettes in for a forntight but still no Blaster himself.
    Blaster is the third release of a mould within a short amount of time, so he should be as rare if not rarer than Soundblaster. However Soundblaster was released en masse with Soundwave - always looks as though the numbers of Wave 1's are produced more than any following waves. Also the Autobot discs are accessories to Blaster, so I would imagine a lesser chance of somebody picking them up if they did not already get a hold of Blaster.

ToysRUs.com has a habit of slowly releasing figs onto their website, with a chance that they may not even list it if the fig sells really well in domestic retail. In the same wave assortment, I was waiting a few weeks between the release of GDO Megatron (2/4 per box) and GDO Hotspot (1/4 per box, but rarer and pricier on eBay because he's more well known than Powerdive, also 1/4 per box). Just sign up for notification of the figure you want and then pounce on it as soon as you get that email!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

If you're looking to pay by Paypal, just be mindful that it can get a little complicated dealing with a 3rd party (iParcel)...
    I purchased some items for my son on the TRU website and chose to pay by Paypal early this month.
    The TRU website directed me to the Paypal website (this after I'd entered all my details as well as items selected into the TRU system for the purchase) where I then confirmed my payment (which was transferred to iParcel via Paypal).
    The problem arose when the TRU website showed "System Error" at the final "Thank you for your purchase" page.
    The money was already paid to iParcel but the TRU system strangely lost my order.
    I immediately contacted TRU (via email and then a phone call) who confirmed that their system didn't log my order and they couldn't help me.
    Attempts to contact iParcel were futile UNTIL I lodged in a Paypal claim.
    iParcel then emailed me 2 shipping tracking numbers and asked that I drop the claim.
    I immediately replied for them to confirm what was ordered plus the address... it's close to 10 days now and I've not heard back nor have I received my money.
    Paypal tells me that the money should be retrieved by day 11 (fingers crossed).
    I'm now unsure on what to expect but I'd not recommend anyone pay by Paypal if it involves a 3rd party (like the TRU website does) as TRU simply washed their hands from all this and iParcel don't reply to their emails... I'll stick to credit card payments direct to the retailer in future

Quote Originally Posted by dat70sdude View Post
    If you're looking to pay by Paypal, just be mindful that it can get a little complicated dealing with a 3rd party (iParcel)...
    I purchased some items for my son on the TRU website and chose to pay by Paypal early this month.
    The TRU website directed me to the Paypal website (this after I'd entered all my details as well as items selected into the TRU system for the purchase) where I then confirmed my payment (which was transferred to iParcel via Paypal).
    The problem arose when the TRU website showed "System Error" at the final "Thank you for your purchase" page.
    The money was already paid to iParcel but the TRU system strangely lost my order.
    I immediately contacted TRU (via email and then a phone call) who confirmed that their system didn't log my order and they couldn't help me.
    Attempts to contact iParcel were futile UNTIL I lodged in a Paypal claim.
    iParcel then emailed me 2 shipping tracking numbers and asked that I drop the claim.
    I immediately replied for them to confirm what was ordered plus the address... it's close to 10 days now and I've not heard back nor have I received my money.
    Paypal tells me that the money should be retrieved by day 11 (fingers crossed).
    I'm now unsure on what to expect but I'd not recommend anyone pay by Paypal if it involves a 3rd party (like the TRU website does) as TRU simply washed their hands from all this and iParcel don't reply to their emails... I'll stick to credit card payments direct to the retailer in future
    Yeah, this happened to me too - paid by Paypal, got an error, order non-existent at Toysaurus, made a new order and paid by credit card, iParcel received both payments and sent me two packages, one of which was the original order.

Damn! that was irritating. Chucked a bunch of stuff in my cart, all qualified for international shipping, get to checkout and two items NOT for international shipping apparently. But their pages said they were! They were also the 2 itmes I wanted most as well, the other were mainly there to justify postage.

Thanks for wasting my time TRU! AS it happened a site survey came up. Boy did I let rip on that!

Strangely when I re-attempted to order the same toys last night (due to the initial screw up with the website early this month), I noted that the shipping costs have gone up exponentially.
    What was previously quoted as $120 for shipping the same items in early Feb, has now gone up to $225!
    so unless you're chasing up some exclusive not sold locally, there's no savings to be made when shipping is factored in.

Strangely when I re-attempted to order the same toys last night (due to the initial screw up with the website early this month), I noted that the shipping costs have gone up exponentially.
    What was previously quoted as $120 for shipping the same items in early Feb, has now gone up to $225!
    so unless you're chasing up some exclusive not sold locally, there's no savings to be made when shipping is factored in.
    That's really dissapointing to hear. I ordered a bunch of toys off them before Christmas and was very impressed how cheap the shipping was, and the toys themselves were quite reasonable. Maybe they have discovered they were not gouging as much on international orders and they could

Same - I ordered 5 deluxes before Xmas, and they shipped for $28. Very reasonable. Went to order 4 of the BH deluxes today, shipping was just shy of $100!

I let rip on the survey too...
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

I looked back over my bank statements and emails, and they never refunded or cancelled the outstanding Voyager Dreadwing toy. Since they were almost impossible to contact the first time, I'm not too optimistic about getting a refund for the toy, or any of the shipping that covered it either.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I looked back over my bank statements and emails, and they never refunded or cancelled the outstanding Voyager Dreadwing toy. Since they were almost impossible to contact the first time, I'm not too optimistic about getting a refund for the toy, or any of the shipping that covered it either.
    That truly sux; my GDO Voyagers arrived in a non-Hasbro box that fit all 3 of them snugly and it's for that reason that I've recommended them.

Do you have a record of its non-delivery? Maybe a checklist that came with the package upon arrival, or an email that says that they're unable to deliver it but won't refund you?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!