Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ToysRUS (USA) now shipping internationally

Megatron Guest

They charged my card too a few days ago. I received no emails confirming my order had been shipped or anything, so I sent an email to i-parcel asking about it. They replied saying that it had been sent off and 'is pending an individual arrival scan and then it will go on to customs clearance,' and gave me a local tracking number for AusPost that I can use once it's arrived here. The email address I used is: trackmyparcel@i-parcel.com.

As far as cancelling or changing the order however, I got no reply on that at all. (It states on the ToysRUs website that your order can only be cancelled or changed up to an hour after it's placed.) I did ring up ToysRUs in the US to get more info, and they were nice and everything but said that because I was an international customer that I had to contact i-parcel for anything to do with my order.

Edit: Just checked. It arrived in Sunshine West a few days ago, yay! (They could have told me sooner!)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I finally got an email to say that they can't cancel the out-of-stock item, or the order, so now I just have to wait until.... not sure what really. TRU is not likely to get in more Dreadwings, so either the order will sit there forever unfulfilled, or some time down the track someone is going to decide to just cancel the entire order. Because I doubt that they set aside the rest of the items I ordered. My thinking is that this third-party will only initiate the shipment (forward the order to ToysRUs) when all items are in stock. Something that won't happen now with mine, now that two more items are now no longer in stock.

In theory, this third-party option is a good idea, as it takes advantage of the massive price difference in non-American countries, but until they work out the bugs (like if part of the order goes out of stock between placing the order with the 3rd party and the 3rd party placing the order with TRU), be hopeful, but expect issues at this time.

I hope other peoples' orders go more smoothly, so that I and others will take the risk in future.
    Just had a look at my bank statement online, and the order was paid (within a few days of me placing the order almost 2 weeks ago now).
    At least if they hadn't charged my card, I wouldn't be so worried about if/when they end up processing or cancelling my order.
    (and what to do if I find those items in the next few weeks, or in Singapore)
    So let me get this straight, you ordered an item that is now out of stock and not likely to ship however they have already charged your credit card but won't let you cancel the order?! Yeah, I won't be ordering from them.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Just had a look at my bank statement online, and the order was paid (within a few days of me placing the order almost 2 weeks ago now).
    At least if they hadn't charged my card, I wouldn't be so worried about if/when they end up processing or cancelling my order.
    (and what to do if I find those items in the next few weeks, or in Singapore)
    Did you pay through PayPal or Credit card? You could consider opening a dispute if you think you have sufficient grounds. How can they not refund you for something that is out of stock?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So let me get this straight, you ordered an item that is now out of stock and not likely to ship however they have already charged your credit card but won't let you cancel the order?! Yeah, I won't be ordering from them.
    Considering the timeline, I think it's fair. (not the cancelling bit, as that seems to be a sticking point at the moment... due to there being an issue with adequate communication to sort out these bugs to begin with)

It's just that between the time I placed the order with the third party, and the time that the third party tried to place their order with TRU, one of the items sold out. It's the drawback of not ordering directly with the source, as it can just take minutes for the remainder of something to sell out.

And the third party wouldn't buy the items from the TRU site (to then forward on to us) if they didn't have the money from the buyer first.
    So...
    - I placed the order with iParcel while all 9 items were in stock
    - iParcel charge my card
    - they receive my money (a day or two, or instant... either way, if the order was placed outside of their work hours, there could be a delay before they can now place the order)
    - they go to place the order on the TRU website, but one item was now sold out
    - they then email me about it, but don't say (or know) how long they will sit on the order.

If this third party business is off-site and just orders through the TRU website (like shipping forwarders), then they haven't got any of the other 8 items on hold... and the order will just keep being held until everything ends up being out of stock.

I am sorry to hear that griffin. Hopefully U.S. TRUS are better and faster with restocking there shelves than they do over here so that in the end all your stuff does come back in.

My order consisting of just a MP Thundercracker came in yesterday, so that was exactly a 2 week turnaround, with no notification. I was about to jump on iParcel lol. Packing was pretty basic. Definitely not like what I've seen with the likes of BBTS, RK and TF Source, but still undamaged and in excellent condition inside.

Well my stuff arrived today, 11 days after I placed the order. I didn't get a shipping notice, only an order confirmation the day after placing the order, but other than that everything is hunky dory!
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Just ordered Thundercracker

Megatron Guest

Yep, just got my package today as well.

Pros:

Very nice items, all MIMSB. Very happy.
    Great prices (GDO voyager Megatron for $23, which is a bargain compared to anything I've seen on eBay - haha yeah I caved and got him... like I knew I would ).

Cons:

Can only cancel or change your order within an hour of placing it.
    Communication is lacking.
    Cannot order all items listed on site.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    Pros:

Very nice items, all MIMSB. Very happy.
    Great prices (GDO voyager Megatron for $23, which is a bargain compared to anything I've seen on eBay - haha yeah I caved and got him... like I knew I would ).
    Thanks for the heads up, I've been pondering over whether I should get the GDO Voyagers from Taiwan or the US. Guess now I have the added option of waiting out for the Hot Spot and Powerdive to be listed

For anybody still chasing one, it seems like GDO Wheelie is now available

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Mine also arrived within a couple of weeks but with no shipping notice..on a Saturday of all days!?
    The two deluxe carded tf figures I bought were packed standing up though then the box flaps were forced down and tapped up forcing the backing cards down creasing them