Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Jetwing Optimus now shipping

Default Amazon Jetwing Optimus now shipping

For those who pre-ordered one several months ago, Amazon finally got them in stock this last week, and have been shipping them out to people. It is probably still in stock too, if anyone else was keen for it.

Mine arrived today, so anyone else here who ordered one, should be getting them this week as well.
    (box was a little squished - nothing too major, but a couple creases on the toybox)

Is it worth it, if you already got the normal one? Also could you post up pictures of it please? (mainly the wings and gattling guns)

I can't post up any photos yet, as someone is borrowing my camera.
    The robot part looks identical to the first version, so if you are wanting one, this Amazon one is definitely nicer looking, as the wings and guns have paint apps on them.
    If you want movie-accuracy, the original is better, with its boring flat-grey... but if you want a nicer looking figure for your display shelf, the painted guns and wing-stripes make this new one really stand out.

Mine came in yesterday.

The stripes on the wings do look good although the illusion that the wings are his trailer could have been done slightly better as 4 stripes are "made" in total whereas his trailer ofcourse has 2.. <- damn that nitpick made me feel nerdy.

At their base the guns blend really well with Optimus. For the first time HasTak has nearly nailed "Allspark Blue" - by using dark blue spray down one end of exposed circuitry and Allspark down the other where both colours mix towards the middle makes a really nice effect. Sadly there is still a fair patch of pure Allspark. I am warming (ha!) to the guns orange tip, it kinda works. Suprisingly the tip of the barrel is actually moulded orange plastic with silver paint (i was expecting the orange to be painted) this has the bonus of the inside of the barrel also 'glowing' which is a detail you just know HasTak would not have bothered with if they were painting it. Maybe half the orange on the outside tip would have been better than the 15mm of orange showing A bit more silver but i really like seeing the orange glow through the gaps in the barrel tip (is it called the muzzle?).

All the new colours are a bit wacky but the longer you look at (or in my case, photograph it) the cooler it becomes and it does a great job of giving us a distinct new jetwing deco.

I especially like it because this is my first non-chrome RotF Optimus so i am having fun treating this guy more like a toy than i have previously.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I have to retake these pics, as I used the wrong camera settings... so these ones are here if I don't get a chance for a while.

Thanks Griff, wow i never knew how shiny the black version of jetwing optimus was Hmm I may have to buy that as well. Firstly i gotta work out how to buy off amazon sigh...

Anybody else in victoria buying the US jetwing optimus soon?

It's only US$52 at Amazon US now (plus about $11-15 shipping). The site is easy to order from as well - just be sure that you know how to find items available to us.

Uploaded two better photos in the post above.

Procrastinated too long, it's back to $83.99