Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10202526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers 4 - ongoing news thread

For anyone collecting the Movie posters, a fifth one has surfaced, with another one of the Human cast - Li Bingbing.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    TF2 earned him 125...
    That much for a craptacular movie, I'm in the wrong business.

For anyone collecting the Movie posters, a fifth one has surfaced, with another one of the Human cast - Li Bingbing.
    Who is the 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Who is the 4th?
    Last time on Beast Wars... no wait, that's from something else.

One & two...

Two Movie posters have been revealed, showing off the two main Human characters (no robots yet in either of them) - Marky Mark and some Irish guy who has a very limited acting resume.

I can understand Mark being highlighted as the replacement of Shia, and because he probably got the biggest pay-packet for this movie (and thus, the biggest investment... so we'll probably see more of him than the Robots combined).

The tagline on both posters is, "The Rules Have Changed"... and if they are focusing more on the humans in the publicity, it certainly has.
    Three and four...

Two more movie posters have been released... and we finally get a robot on one of them.

The main girl in the movie, and, it's Optimus looking very human (how the heck are the designers supposed to turn that into a truck... without a backpack of flat panels).
    Five...

There might be others out there, or more to come. These are just the five I've seen so far online.

IMAX was a given, since the previous three were, and there was a previous news article boasting about this possibly being the first movie filmed entirely with 3D IMAX cameras... but here is a theatre poster from America to confirm it.

How's this for product placement...

It seems that a gun manufacturer has been promoting a product (handgun) of theirs that will be on TF4, and are showing a (photo-shopped) image from the movie.

WTF? A movie that is essentially aimed at kids and teens (being toy-related), is being associated with the promotion of handguns, in a similar fashion as GM cars?
    Is this how Michael Bay doesn't pay for anything, by having all the props be tied up in cross-promotions?

wow

she seems to look much hotter than when she was in RE:Retribution and a whole lot better than some other movies ive seen.

power of more budget in movies...

"Transformers manufacturing group in China"
    Guess they're just like the toys, eh. Made in China Stamped.

Is this how Michael Bay doesn't pay for anything, by having all the props be tied up in cross-promotions?
    Um... yes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wACBA...utu.be&t=5m43s (And more yes: http://youtu.be/4LFQIoc49ZM.)

But I'm pretty sure your acquisitions mascot could have told you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post

"Transformers manufacturing group in China"
    Guess they're just like the toys, eh. Made in China Stamped.

i would not be surprised if there is going to be a reference in the movie about transformers being made in china

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Um... yes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wACBA...utu.be&t=5m43s (And more yes: http://youtu.be/4LFQIoc49ZM.)

But I'm pretty sure your acquisitions mascot could have told you that.
    I know as well, but didn't think he'd go so far as including handguns as part of the cross-promotion, just to get them for free. I guess he really is a patriotic, military nut.

The first video was quite interesting (I watched the whole 6 minutes).