Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers 4 - ongoing news thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If you had the cash those Veyrons are worth every penny. Especially in blue.

Fun Fact:

I dont know if its still the case but VW (who owns Bugatti) used to take a loss on every Veyron made. Back in 2007 they cost close to $10 million each to make and were being sold for $2 million. They were prepared to take the hit purely so they could say that they produce the worlds fastest street legal production car (which it still is). I assume now that they have managed to get the cost down but I can't find any recent info on what they cost to make.

Hey I just realized, if we're getting an Autobot Bugatti (which is owned by VW), it stands a good chance that we may see MP Jazz and Bumblebee (whose alt modes also reside under the VW umbrella)

Fun Fact 2: (my fact)
    The Bugatti Veyron is the ugliest super car to ever be made.
    I wish they could do a Lamborghini Aventador Transformer, that would be sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Fun Fact 2: (my fact)
    The Bugatti Veyron is the ugliest super car to ever be made.
    It was never made to be 'sexy' (But I think it looks awesome). Every inch of that car is designed for practicality. It's shape is basically determined by the laws of aerodynamics. All the air that touches it serves a purpose. Whether it is used for aerodynamics or cooling.

I wish they could do a Lamborghini Aventador Transformer, that would be sexy.
    FansProject Car-Crash is an Aventador.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

. Dai Atlas would be cool.
    And appropriately action-y for Bay's movies
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe it's Ultra Magnus... which would pair up with Galvatron (if he is actually in this movie), and gives Bay another chance at doing a super-powerful-awesome-explosive powerup scene as Ultra Magnus merges with his armour.
    Sadly he had thawt opportunity in DOTM with optimus and missed it. We got 15 minutes of people sliding around a building instead...

I actually quite like the look of the Bugatti. Make me want to play with my Cybertron and Shattered Glass Jaz toys... Gotta wait till I finish work now...

Little bit disappointed that Optimus looks much the same as he did before and curious to see why Bumblebee has gone back to an old clunker vehicle mode. And now I await the robot modes, hopefully less sinew-looking of the other movies and more panelly ala Prime.

Hasbro are going to have trouble selling yet another red/blue truck Optimus... even if the truck mode is slightly different... regular parents buying these things as presents will see it as a toy their kid already has from the last movie. A lot of the third movie toys shelf-warmed because kids (or their parents knew they) already had toys of most of the main cast from the last four years of movie toys.
    They do have a better chance with Bumblebee, if they get the darn character to talk this time, as the car mode (and hopefully the robot mode) is significantly different... which is how it will look on shelves.

It's shape is basically determined by the laws of aerodynamics. All the air that touches it serves a purpose. Whether it is used for aerodynamics or cooling.
    +1, as opposed to say Countach, which was a pain in engineers' tail pipes.

The big military vehicle (that I thought may be Grimlock) is apparently confirmed as being Hound. So no jeep then.

Megatron Guest

Default In recent movie news...

Film company president: "Transformers 4" to center on China (Xinhua, 31/05/2013):

The head of a Hollywood production company said "Transformers 4" will not only be set in China, but will also feature a China-centric theme.

"The film has a great deal to do with China. Effectively, China is a character in it," said Marc Ganis, president of Jiaflix Enterprises.

Paramount Pictures, the China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises announced in April that they had entered into an agreement regarding the production of "Transformers 4" in China.

The three agreed that the movie will feature a number of Chinese actors and actresses, with a public casting competition launched to select potential stars. Well-known actress Li Bingbing has already been confirmed to play a significant role in the film.

"So much of the movie takes place in China and the character she plays is a Chinese national. So it's a very natural position for her to have," Ganis said.

"Transformers 4" will take a different approach than "Iron Man 3," which had a special Chinese version featuring extra footage starring Chinese actors. However, many Chinese felt that the extra parts were too contrived.

"There is going to be a single version (of the film) worldwide with a very significant Chinese component," Ganis said.

The Transformers franchise has been highly successful in China. The third film's earnings surpassed 1 billion yuan (163 million U.S. dollars). The fourth installment is scheduled to be released next summer.

China's film industry has been growing rapidly, becoming the world's second-largest movie market in 2012. With traditional movie funding sources drying up, Hollywood studios increasingly see China as a destination of choice.

In order to truly tap into the Chinese film market, Hollywood studios and filmmakers should tell stories that are more culturally connected to Chinese people and culture, Ganis said.

"Work on story lines. Work on demonstrating what Chinese culture is like, what the Chinese people are like and show that to the world as part of the natural art of the story," he said.

Cine Gear: 'Transformers 4' Taps Palm-Sized Novo Camera (The Hollywood Reporter, 02/06/2013):

Michael Bay’s Transformers 4 is among the latest productions to use Radiant Image’s palm-sized Novo action camera. The Novo and Novo 2K -- a newly-unveiled model of the camera that supports uncompressed 2K Raw -- were both on display this weekend at Cine Gear Expo.

He added that in addition to Transformers 4, the original Novo -- weighing just 3.2 oz -- was also used for the upcoming film Need for Speed directed by Scott Waugh and lensed by Shane Hurlbut.

Co-created by View Factor Studios and Radiant, the Novo cameras are built with the GoPro sensor and designed for "cinematic" use, said Mansouri. The Novo includes a C-mount lens system plus a PL mount adapter. The auto exposure function can be disabled, permitting cinematographers to use the lens to manually adjust the aperture.

Ugh! So I guess TF4 will have English subtitles and get a showing on SBS in 3-4 years time.

I thought it was supposed to be a film about robots, transforming ones at that